Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. Somewhat concerned they think our colours are pink n purple; "On the first three panels above the substation are proposed three panels in purple and pink emblazoned with the crest of DHFC".

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Jimbob73 likes this.
  2. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Also can't see any mention or provision for a wheelchair area or disabled access in the main stand, haven't been through it all in detail though

3. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I would presume you need this provision by law, as a new build, so it will be in there somewhere. Not that it matters, as the one we have in the current stand is never actually designated for that on a matchday anyway, with able bodied people packing it out...

4. Jimbob73

Wouldn't the 'demountable canvas banners' around the ground on matchday be a bit of a issue every game, who is putting them up and down all the time and storing them carefully away?
    Good luck getting volunteers to do that in January in the pissing rain with no cover!

5. editor

editor hiraethified

Bring an umbrella! Oh no, wait :D

TonyWalt likes this.
  6. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

There's not much more to say on top of what I said already really. The clubhouse looks excellent. They're saying no "permanent" structures on MoL and it's all in the footprint of the astroturf, so no covered terrace.

pettyboy likes this.
  7. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

I think it looks pretty good. Apart from having no covering on 3 sides. Maybe, along with the demountable canvas banners, there could be some kind of retractable canvas covering overhead. Rather like a big long modern shop awning. In pink n blue obviously

8. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Raising something that I am sure has already been considered and noted, but there looks to be only single-ish file corridor for fans to filter past the main stand and this requires taking stairs. It's a real pinch point in the current stadium when crowds are large and the provision here seems lesser.

9. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

I think this could be a really practical solution.

However, does anyone else think the whole pink and blue thing is getting a bit tired? Also connotations with a certain politician and his old school tie? Could we use the new ground as an opportunity to completely rebrand? New colours for a new era? Something that goes well with jeans?

10. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

How about letting each individual player and fan decide what colours to wear?

11. Dulwich Mishi

Nice try, not got time to chat, see you by the lake in Burgess Park...

editor likes this.
  12. Dulwich Mishi

No.

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  13. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

2/10, v. poor effort. must try harder.

14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I liked his old stuff better :D

supersafari and Lucy Fur like this.
  15. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

I was also worried about this so asked at the consultation. If I remember correctly the walkways are 3 meters wide and don’t have the pinch points that we currently have in the far corner. I think it will be an improvement.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  16. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

3 meters wide? So Mishi might just be able to fit through. :D

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Thank you Mr Weightwatchers!

tonysingh likes this.
  18. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Looks like the planning application has now been validated by the Council. Link is here.

It states that the "Standard Consultation Expiry Date" is Thursday 22 Aug 2019, but the "Agreed Expiry Date" is Tuesday 08 Oct 2019. The application is massive - 177 documents! I presume we will get some guidance / analysis from the club / DHST in due course.

Jimbob73 and Nivag like this.
  19. Jimbob73

20. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of Meadow, but the News Item/Statement was excellent from the club. To the point and also answered a few myths.

YTC, Jimbob73 and pettyboy like this.
  21. Jimbob73

Do I trust Meadow still? No. Do I trust Tom, Ben, Liam etc? yes 100%. We need to make this happen.

YTC likes this.
  22. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

23. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

This sort of thing really annoys me. That astroturf hasn't been properly maintained for years and isn't really safe. And until recently the site was only accessible due to vandalism of the boundary fence. Also, I thought the new stadium was going to have a 3G pitch to facilitate local community use?

These people just seem to be searching for reasons to oppose any sort of development.

jnrknight, Hamlet Pete and Jimbob73 like this.
  24. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

I walk past it frequently. Occasionally two people are kicking a ball about. Occasionally someone is encouraging their dog to foul on it. It looks unsafe, it isn’t in a fit condition to even consider a public space. It’s been neglected for years. The goals don’t even have nets!

25. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Which is why those who support a new stadium which would secure the future of our club need to stand up and (literally) be counted.

26. Jimbob73

My family, and I, lived on Wanley Road backing onto Greendale, since the estate was built in the 50's, and that hole area has been misused and neglected for decades.

Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  27. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

There was a lovely burnt out moped adorning the side of the Greendale path when i ran past on Sunday. Truly an Arcadian idyll.

pettyboy, WillClunas and Cyclodunc like this.
  28. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Perhaps some "local kids" had used it for some "informal" joyriding?

Nivag likes this.
  29. editor

editor hiraethified

Yes, but where will local kids be able to leave their burnt out mopeds if this scheme goes ahead?

Hamlet Pete, pettyboy and WillClunas like this.
  30. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

On the linear path.

chris gil and Pink Panther like this.