Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I think maybe you, or someone else, could ask/ find out more on Monday.

2. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Be great if someone could as I’m working on Monday evening, thanks. On that wonder if DHFC has considered a live stream of the meeting or perhaps a DHFCTV recording for later viewing?

Dulwich Mishi, Jimbob73 and 3010 like this.
  3. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

This
    How i feel, not to be trusted
    All they are interested in is pound notes and the more the better
    The club officials need to tread very carefully

Nothing about this meeting on the official DH Twitter

4. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Are there likely to be any publicly-available minutes from tonight's meeting, for those who can't make it?

editor likes this.
  5. YTC

YTC Human Man

There is:

6. billbond

Yeah sorry my mistake
    Just rung a chap at the club(lovely guy on the phone) and he put me right
    still at least its up on here as well now

7. YTC

YTC Human Man

That would be Dave, billbond - he is indeed a lovely chap.

Just to be clear though, it was on here too. As soon as we announced it.

Matt The Cab and pettyboy like this.
  8. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

That

Is how easily we can be seen to be a split fan base... a statement of supposed fact rather than a question.

9. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

I can't make it tonight but does anyone fancy writing up something I can share on Buzz so everyone can be kept up to date?

10. Dulwich Mishi

I doubt it’s that formal a meeting... only if someone takes them I would have thought.

Pink Panther and YTC like this.
  11. Dulwich Mishi

More to the point...is Kevin Rye? :D

12. Dulwich Mishi

Just curious...who is on the 'top table' tonight?

13. editor

What a puffed-up pointless twat he was.

14. billbond

Yes My mistake, never looked properly
    Ref to Dave seemed the sort of chap you want at a club
    Good communicator, patient and interested in what you have to say
    Like many on here :p

15. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Anyone else going to Champion Hill today to see Meadows plans?

16. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Bit of info on the new ground proposal here: New flats on Dulwich Hamlet’s Champion Hill ground would be eight storeys high

Anyone who went to the presentation at the ground have any thoughts?

Personally I think they have zero chance of getting planning permission for any of this stuff, but wasn't there for the Meadow side of things.

Proposal info is here: Champion Hill - Exhibition
    The newspaper report also mentions there being a consultation form to fill in, but I couldn't see that anywhere on the site or PDF.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  17. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

What makes you think that?

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I live in a modern 8 storey block of flats ( on the 2nd storey), there are several similar blocks in close proximity as well as a viaduct carrying every train in and out of London Bridge about 30 yards from my bedroom window. I moved in a couple of months ago and I love it. Right now I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

"Campaigning residents" demanding that blocks be 3 storeys or less are basically nimbys. They live in Zone 2, they're either social housing tenants (like myself) getting a home in a prime location for a relatively cheap rent, or they're homeowners sitting on a property they could sell for a small fortune. I'll bet most of them aren't born and bred locals. They're like immigrants who vote UKIP, they've got their piece of Little England and now they want to pull up the drawbridge before everyone else can join them. The site is to the north of the nearest other housing so any new development won't block any direct sunlight, and it's well below the level of the properties higher up Dog Kennel Hill.

Dulwich Mishi, Cyclodunc and DanBrown like this.
  19. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

I'd have thought the issue isn't so much the increased height as the fact that (again) they're proposing to build on Greendales which as we all know is MOL, and that (again) they're trying to suggest a new ground can be built entirely on the existing pitches which it obviously can't be. Without wanting to sound too much like a broken record it still looks essentially the same, I still don't see the difference that's going to see this one get approved?

Jimbob73 likes this.
  20. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

The fact that no-one has fed back on here yet speaks volumes for the content of the exhibition in terms of the proposed football stadium. It was a box-ticking exercise so they can state in their planning documents that they held a public consultation.

Quite frankly, I find it pretty insulting and incredibly naive from Meadow to invite supporters to an exhibition and then have no detail on the stadium itself. They’ve clearly spent plenty of time designing the housing element of the scheme.

As to what little information was available on the stadium, there’s nothing that was illustrated or said verbally which suggests the stadium is as good as the one designed previously.

pompeydunc, Jimbob73 and scousedom like this.
  21. Pink Panther

I should have elaborated on that in my previous post. If anyone feels there shouldn't be any redevelopment of our current ground I respect that. (It's broadly my own view, I'm sure there must be more appropriate sites for new housing and you can't just build upon every open inner city space.) However the notion (as per the linked article) that a 3 storey housing development on that site is OK but not 8 storeys doesn't have much credibility with me.

22. Pink Panther

I didn't attend the exhibition. It wasn't open at convenient times: a 4 hour window on Friday evening, then 3 hours on Saturday lunchtime when Hamlet were playing away.

I'm still very cynical about Meadow, I just want a lasting solution for our club. I was very impressed by Ben Clasper's comments at the Supporters' Forum last week, his powers of tact and diplomacy in getting us back home are way beyond anything I could have achieved and have convinced me to warily trust Meadow by proxy for the short term at least.

pompeydunc and pettyboy like this.
  23. Jimbob73

JAT Until the day they show me detailed plans of a sustainable ground that is suitable for the clubs needs Meadow can go fuck themselves

24. Pink Panther

That's not going to happen, therefore the club won't get a sustainable new ground.

From attending the Supporters/Directors forum last week, the current ground needs to be substantially rebuilt for the long term and a redevelopment similar to the Meadow proposals appears to be the best chance of this. And at the end of the day Meadow own the ground, so telling them to go forth and multiply isn't a helpful long term solution.

25. Jimbob73

Why can't they show us plans once they have them?
    I did attend last week and fully understand the need for a new ground but I'm not going to blindly support something again from Meadow.
    I'm happy to support this development IF the ground is sustainable and IF it meets our need and size.
    Until I see a plan of how that is happening then it's a no from me.

pompeydunc likes this.
  26. Pink Panther

There aren't any detailed plans yet. It was more or less explained at last week's supporters meeting that the way forward is to propose the most basic ground and take it from there.

27. editor

I think the impression they gave from their invite was that there would be something substantial for fans to see.

28. Pink Panther

That wasn't the impression I got, so I didn't bother to attend. It just looked like a vague rehash of the previous proposals to me.

JoeBoy1959 and Cyclodunc like this.
  29. JoeBoy1959

JoeBoy1959 Active Member

From what I saw of the illustrations, it seems the area around the pitch for standing is very shallow - more shallow than today. There's no parking either. I hope Southwark reject it as is and hope Meadow don't take it out on us agsin

30. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

The new proposals for the ground are essentially the same, if not worse, than the current ground. Turned 90 degrees and moved over onto the Astro pitch.

The last application was this. It offered nothing extra than the current ground already provides.

The current proposals, even if little detail has been shared, appear to be the same. Unambitious and, critically, limiting for the club.

I don’t know enough to comment on the financial positives or implications for DHFC. But the physical proposals for the club are not good enough to support.

JoeBoy1959, GregDHFC and editor like this.