Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

I'm 45, Meadow actually made me cry! they need to give us something fucking amazing or they can shove it where the sun don't shine (and I don't mean Tooting)

2. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

You've massively over simplified that. The situation now is not as it was, and it was not their development intentions that led to us being evicted, but the refusal of their intentions.

That said, I cannot see myself supporting, as I did do the last time, this proposal.

iamwithnail and B.I.G like this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I’ve actually simplified it even more. They screwed me. I want them dead.

Lucy Fur likes this.
  4. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

imagesMMWLM48Q.jpg

B.I.G likes this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

‘Cheap 4G’ The top grade pitches are quality surfaces that allow local facilities to be in used all week, all year round, provide genuine community focus for a club, and are also a great revenue stream. I have seen plenty of games on the best local non league surfaces at the likes of Bromley, Sutton United & Carshalton Athletic and firmly believe they are part of the sustainable future for clubs such as ours. The only problem arises is when money put aside for refurbishment is spent elsewhere, as is what happened at support owned Merthyr Town, causing their meltdown last season. With regard to lack of cover, we hardly have much anyway, the most important part for me is getting a ground similar to what we have at the very least, & I have faith in our current directors to work for a new ground that will match & improve what we currently have on land where we will have more long term protection with the Council becoming our landlords.

6. Dulwich Mishi

But even if they sell it off to a developer that will be more favourable to you they will still have made money regardless, so your hope of them not making money is simply not going to happen.

7. Dulwich Mishi

To be honest I will treat your usual poor attempt to put words in my mouth with the contempt it deserves and politely tell you to stop spouting such nonsense...

8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I don’t trust the council to be our landlords either and I didn’t like Whytleafe’s 4g.

I’m sure Meadow will give us the best of everything, they after all are 100 percent reliable.

9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Words in your mouth? Did you support the development last time and did we get evicted?

If you want to argue for this development why don’t you acknowledge what happened last time.

I supported Meadow in their redevelopment plans and they evicted us.

Never again!

Son of Roy and blueheaven like this.
  10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The land might lose money and they might go out of business if their funding is pulled.

But if they make money and I get a decent stadium. I will just have to cope. I’m sure I can still wish them ill.

11. Dulwich Mishi

To be honest your views are yours, mine are mine... we’re clearly not going to agree on everything related to this. Please continue to post on here all day, it’s a day off work today, annual leave, & whilst I may not have much better to do, I have no real desire to go round in circles batting messages back and forth with you on here all day. Happy to chat in person at the next game we’re both at, regardless of when that is... & I hope you attend the meeting at the ground next Monday. I certainly want to find out more, I hope you do too. As for wanting people dead... I bet my list’s far longer than yours, and that- if our Football Club were to ever die- at least I’d have the bollocks to make it a reality... would you?

B.I.G likes this.
  12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Have a nice day. No one has more to lose than you when it comes to the club.

pettyboy likes this.
  13. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but is it not the case Meadow can't offer us a decent, fit-for-purpose stadium even if they want to, because anything that involves built-up or roofed terracing will be unacceptable on MoL so they'll have even less chance of getting planning permission than the slim chance they have currently?

editor likes this.
  14. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

That's my understanding. Also, the available strip of land around a pitch on the MoL is so narrow, you'd never be able to increase capacity.

editor likes this.
  15. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

There's no way I'm going to back this shit ground. But then I didn't back the last one either.

I'm extremely confident that if this shitty scheme goes ahead, the ground will end up even worse than what's been proposed because reneging on their promises is what developers always do.

Never. Trust. A. Property. Developer.

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

Come along on Monday, and we'll be able to openly discuss this, and everything else going on at the club, in detail.

Jimbob73, Al Crane, dcdulwich and 6 others like this.
  17. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed attendees actually enter into the spirit of it rather than the usual Urban grandstanding.

18. editor

Could you define this mysterious "spirit"?

I'll go along to the drop in meeting - like I've done so many times before to see proposed new developments - with as much of an open mind as I can muster.

However, whatever I see and hear will quite rightly be tempered by all my previous experiences of going along to such meetings, and also how Meadow have acted in the past. It would be foolish not to show extreme caution and suspicion. After all, it wasn't that long ago they did all they could to put us out of business forever.

Son of Roy, Ronco and pompeydunc like this.
  19. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'm still cynical about Meadow delivering what we need (at least without a lot more pressure being applied upon them to do so), but I trust the directors and other people within the club who have guided us through the period since Meadow ceased covering our overheads to where we are now.

Jimbob73, Noss, baleboy_93 and 9 others like this.
  20. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  21. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

So not an open mind then?

StephenMac likes this.
  22. editor

My mind is open that the final design won't be as fucking shit and as completely unsuitable for the club as the initial illustrations reveal.

Perhaps you like what you've seen so far?

23. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Not particularly. Why would you think I did?

StephenMac likes this.
  24. editor

Just a question. Relax.

25. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

So should we start to list the questions for the directors to answer at the public meeting here? There will be agreements about the lease of the ground and the use of the clubhouse that the directors can explain. There are also likely to be questions about the Meadow planning application and proposed new stadium that cannot be answered. I am sceptical that our directors know what Meadow are really up to!
    Speaking personally if someone tries fuck me over they never get chance to do it again! I realise in this situation we have to work with them.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  26. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

If that's the case I trust the Club won't back it, hopefully neither will the Council, then Meadow will have to do better.
    I'd say just ask them at the meeting. This has a long way to run yet.

27. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

28. editor

29. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that the Directors are very aware of Meadow and their plans but you can make your own mind up when you get a chance to ask questions on Monday

editor likes this.
  30. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

9B068D5A-2E6B-4219-B1B0-1878761894CA.jpeg Wonder if someone could clear up where it states that the ends cannot be covered as from what I read these will be protected by solid barriers as only the Western Wall will have openable shuttering. Don’t see we can put in two tier terracing behind the goals as our old friends at Union Royale Namur did?