Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Like that bit of bed that got dumped up your street?

2. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

#michaelswatching

Pink Panther likes this.
  3. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

It Theresa May a consultant for Meadow? This doesn't look like a new plan, B it's plan A again but louder!
    Hope when we get full details it's better but from the little bits so far looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

4. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Absolutely no chance I'll support this. That stadium looks like it's been designed by someone who has never been to a football match before. Or designed anything before, come to think of it.

5. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Can I suggest it might at least be worth listening to what the directors have to say at the meeting they have called for next Monday? Ben Clasper has also said - on Twitter yesterday - that the intention is to make such meetings a regular thing which is welcome.

The illustration of the stadium is literally just that - no detailed design work has been undertaken as far as I understand. I’m sure that the directors will be doing all they can to make sure that the stadium, for which planning permission is eventually applied, is in line with what the club needs.

I can certainly say that the Trust will be doing all we can to support the directors and work with them to achieve that aspiration. We will also, of course, be seeking to represent the views of our members and the wider fan base as the plans develop.

Dulwich Mishi, EDC, Lyham and 2 others like this.
  6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Fair enough to call to wait and see, but isn't it odd that a group that already had planning permission submitted and rejected have not done any detailed design work on a stadium.

7. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

I don’t want to pre-empt or second guess what might come up on Monday B.I.G. Anyway, I’m looking forward to the meeting and to being able to discuss these issues in our own club bar.

8. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Or even asked the fans for their feedback and opinions until this late date...

Al Crane, pettyboy and B.I.G like this.
  9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

They definitely evicted us and cost me a lot of money, they definitely did that though!

GregDHFC likes this.
  10. editor

As a gesture of their undoubted goodwill, they should compensate the fans who were forced to travel to Tooting and back because of their evil actions.

B.I.G likes this.
  11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Or a 10 year lease as a minimum!

12. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Missed a zero off that.

B.I.G likes this.
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I meant while they are awaiting planning permission, clearly they intend to evict us again if they don't get their way.

iamwithnail and editor like this.
  14. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Fair!

B.I.G likes this.
  15. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

I am sure the way leases are constructed that they can't do that but it's something that the Directors will be able to clarify at Monday's meeting.

16. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Kept all your receipts did you? Get real!

17. Dulwich Mishi

Probably, which is why it’s important that we get a new stadium & they, or any other oropety developers are our landlords.

18. editor

1. I was hardly being serious, but...
    2. Amazingly, there's this keraaaazy technology where you can pay for your travel with a contactless card and guess what? It keeps a record of every single payment, so you don't need to 'keep' receipts because they're automatically added to your bank statement.

And now you look a little bit silly, doncha?

:D

19. Dulwich Mishi

Actually not really , because whilst that applies for most people, I purchase an annual Zones 1-3 zones travel card which covers buses, trains, tubes & trams . It’s called a Gold Card & it’s made of paper, so no... not feeling silly at all.

20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I’m serious. Why should Meadow get richer and I get poorer. If they want the support of the all the fans, let’s see a bit of sharing.

editor likes this.
  21. Dulwich Mishi

The best way to get rid of Meadow is for their development to be approved by the Council, we get a new ground & a new landlord and we never have to deal with them again.

B.I.G likes this.
  22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Yes. That was what everyone said last time but then they evicted us and now all I care about is them not getting what they want.

editor likes this.
  23. Dulwich Mishi

All I care about is a long term secure future for our Club. I believe that can only realistically happen if we get a new stadium on the site of our former home next door on Greendale.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    B.I.G likes this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I know. I will feel bad for you if you get a new stadium and Meadow have built one not fit for purpose.

Luckily neither you or I have to take responsibility for the consequences.

pettyboy likes this.
  25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Meadow could sell to someone that wants to knock down and rebuild on the same area.

26. Dulwich Mishi

if they wanted to do that they would have done so by now.

27. Dulwich Mishi

Don’t feel bad for me, the current ground isn’t fit for purpose, it will be very difficult to get anything worse, or less sustainable than we already have...

28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I will feel bad for you if that proves to be incorrect.

Nothing like cheap 4g that needs replacing at cost to the club. Insufficient capacity. Or lack of cover or seats.

But we will see....

editor likes this.
  29. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Why? They can’t change their mind or hold out for a better price.

I don’t care what they do anyway. Provided they never make any money out of their development of the Champion Hill site.

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Dulwich Mishi

Will you acknowledge that you supported the Meadow development of the site last time and that their development intentions resulted in us getting evicted last time?