Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Draws up chair for multiplayer urban message board royal rumble....

Something to watch now the Sky dates has finished & before the BBC darts starts

Lucy Fur, Cyclodunc and EDC like this.
  2. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Ah, the stuff that starts to break up come the first frost of the season when used in a situation where people actually walk on it.

Still in Canada then, I hope, given the time of your posting? Otherwise you’re seriously missing out on your beauty sleep!

3. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

D6C2BD65-998C-4575-A0F4-F825F6A062C9.jpeg F87F7896-B482-4E41-95C1-752E382CDD42.jpeg AA9DD9FE-0270-4B2D-ADBC-073D467834F5.jpeg
    Yep.

dcdulwich likes this.
  4. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Possibly, but what else could the fans have done? At the time it seemed like there was very little choice other than to support the plans and hope we got the new stadium - I wouldn't equate that to saying we all universally trusted Hadley/Meadow.

The lack of a 'Plan B' will, I suspect, rear its head again - but what option for a Plan B is there really? So much hinges on what Meadow's planned next step will be when (I'd say 'if' but I think it's 'when') their new plan is rejected. Will they try again? Will they look to sell up? Will they evict the club and sit on the land? Is there any hope of having them actually communicate this to the club?

I agree with you on MOL. It's there for a reason and we shouldn't be building on it. Whether or not it's a shithole, or mismanaged, or needs improvement, is a different argument. The fact is there is a perfectly usable football stadium already right next to the MOL, so why should Meadow be given permission to move it onto MOL just to allow them to make a profit? It's not a community need - it's a corporate one.

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

There is a community need for Dulwich to have a lease. So unless someone buys the land for reasons other than commercial moving the stadium is the best option no?

6. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Looking at the financial situation is the biggest difference from before (at CH) that we keep the gate and bar monies since the move back rather than before when the money went to Meadows and they gave us a budget.

7. Scottfield

Scottfield Active Member

Opportunity to "drop in" at the Club Bar on 1st and 2nd Feb to see the latest plans for redevelopment. I'm guessing you'll all have already seen this as it is all over the internet, twitter, the usual channels but just in case you hadn't, details are here: Champion Hill - Exhibition

editor and B.I.G like this.
  8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Hopefully they are being charged for the space in the bar.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'll put up a post on Buzz in the morning. It's quite hard to be polite about Meadow given their loathsome behaviour and the fact that less than a year ago they were doing their utmost to destroy the club forever.

billbond likes this.
  10. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Can one buy a flat at this event?

11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

If any Meadow lackeys attempt to engage me in conversation about the proposals I think I'll be struggling to remain calm and polite.

blueheaven and GregDHFC like this.
  12. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Sure we had one of these before...

13. YTC

YTC Human Man

Incase anyone wants to come and hear from us about this and a lot of other stuff in and around the club, come say hello!

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus