Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

Glad to see the irrigation system has been fixed over the weekend!

Pink Panther likes this.
  2. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Supporters might be interested to note that QPR have been give planning permission to build their new training complex at Warren Farm in Southall. This despite a campaign from locals which appears to be based on “Thou Shalt Not Build on Metropolitan Open Land” argument QPR get green light for new Warren Farm training ground

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  3. editor

editor hiraethified

I still predict cunty Meadow will still get what they want eventually and fill their fat greedy pockets with all the dosh they crave.

4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That report doesn't make clear how extensive the facilities will be, i.e. stands, floodlights, ancillary buildings. It may be quite different to any proposed new stadium on Greendale, not that I feel it's essential to build a new stadium for the club to survive. I think that has been exposed as propaganda by Meadow to win the backing of Hamlet supporters and I will not be actively supporting any further plans of theirs after the way they have treated the club.

GregDHFC and Lucy Fur like this.
  5. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Warren Farm was my old school sports ground. Huge and windy.

Blitzwalker and pettyboy like this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Played a number of Supporters Team games there back in the day, so agree with that.

7. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

missed that banner of solidarity from Italian Whitehawk fans

editor likes this.
  8. PartisanDulwich

9. PartisanDulwich

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  10. PartisanDulwich

11. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

Maybe it was premature wishful thinking but a vote of thanks at some point is in order.

Pink Panther likes this.
  12. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Played cricket here a few times as well. Huge, windy and cold place with horrible changing rooms and usually non-functioning showers! It used to be owned by Ealing Council.

The only redeeming factor was there was a decent Fullers pub just down the road - The Hare & Hounds.

Pink Panther likes this.
  13. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Any idea when a decision about the Torquay game venue might be made? What still need to happen to get it back at Champion Hill?

iamwithnail and Jules P like this.
  14. EDC

Temperatures up in the 80’s and a lot of sunshine would go a long way to helping.

pompeydunc likes this.
  15. YTC

YTC Human Man

By the end of the week latest.

16. Jimbob73

Any news? I'm so excited I could crush a grape.

17. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Statement later, I believe

Jimbob73 and iamwithnail like this.
  18. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

19. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Woo. Anyone coming in from bexley/sidcup way that wants to split a cab or similar? At the in-laws and it's a two hour bus trip...

20. EDC

I’m away ☹️

21. Jimbob73

Can't wait! Great Xmas present!

22. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Great news for Cray wanderers, with the acceptance of their flamingo park , Sidcup planning application. a step to end their45 years of homelessness.

iamwithnail likes this.
  23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I never read the Kingstonian forum ;) but apparently Meadow have bought something in Tolworth.

Forum - Kingstonian FC

24. Dulwich Mishi

The opening post on that thread says: "It's been bought by Meadow, the company that owns Dulwich Hamlet? maybe they'll build us a stadium on the roof."

They do not own Dulwich Hamlet & never did...they had an option to buy it, or so we thought. Even the DHST thought so, as they signed a Memorandum of Understanding based on that.

25. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

I like the bit about the new development potentially meaning plenty of new fans. I'm sure they'll be very welcome when they come and not met by that lot grumping about them being the wrong sort of fans.

26. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

So we're back to exactly where we were this time in 2015! Although, this time they want to build even more flats. That's not necessarily the main issue though...

What length of lease does Meadow have on the AstroTurf on Greendale? And how would the transfer of the facility to the club happen. This remains a critical element of these plans being in the club's interest. And then there is a list of about 100 other questions that need satisfying...

I look forward to hearing more from the club and Trust in new year on this...

Meadow/Hadley's PR has been beyond abysmal, so will want to hear from them as well as to why any dhfc fan should contemplate supporting their plans after the events of last year and a bit. I'm sure they will quickly return to "you have no choice", but this is not good enough.

Stadium and housing details revealed as Dulwich Hamlet prepare for return to Champion Hill home

Harry R and B.I.G like this.
  27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I’d rather go back to Tooting than let Meadow build flats and a new stadium.

iamwithnail likes this.
  28. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

29. Dulwich Mishi

To be frank, I couldn’t care less what Meadow build on our current ground... I shudder to think how many tens of thousands of pounds have been spent over the last few months just to bring it back to the most basic of safety requirements over the last few weeks. A new ground next door will be much more sustainable with presumably a lease from the Council then we will be shot of Meadows for good. If they are not allowed to develop I think it will signal the beginning of the end for us, if they hold onto the land, which they can clearly afford to do. I wouldn’t support Meadows, but .. I WILL SUPPORT A NEW GROUND NEXT DOOR which will allow us to break free of our current landlords and secure the long term future of our great Club. As for ‘rather groundharing at tooting’ .. we wouldn’t have lasted this season there the way things were going, never mind having a future there...

Jamie Wyatt and alcopop like this.
  30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Care to explain why we wouldn’t have survived?