Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

The pitch looks OK in that - needs a trim, but not overgrown with weeds or anything.

2. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I don't think it's possible to tell the condition of the pitch from that tbh

darryl, YTC and StephenMac like this.
  3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I walked across it today. I'm no expert but I'd say it needs rather more than "a bit of a trim". A lot surely depends on what state the irrigation system is in after 8 months of neglect. I understand the groundsman will begin remedial works tomorrow. There's also the issue with mechanical and electrical services throughout the ground, which were probably in need of a thorough overhaul before we got thrown out.

4. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

5. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

I'd suggest we should be nice to tooting - there still seems to be the chance we'll be back there in 18 months!

Great work to everyone who got us back. It is a crucial step to keep the club alive. But as other posters have said, we're not safe until meadow is gone.

Hopefully we will be home for the christmas games!

6. PartisanDulwich

For The Record - EXILE

DHST Statement 7th March 2018

On 5 March 2018 Meadow Residential (acting through a connected licensor company) purported to terminate Dulwich Hamlet Football Club’s (DHFC Ltd) licence to play at Champion Hill, with immediate effect.

A few days before, a statutory demand was served on the Club for £121k in backdated rent and other charges, said to have been accrued since the 2013-14 season (predominantly, therefore, during the period in which Meadow and its predecessor controlled DHFC Ltd).

On 6 March Blake Morgan LLP, solicitors representing “Greendales IP LLC” (a Delaware corporation assumed to be connected to Meadow) informed DHFC Limited that Greendales had (last October) registered the words “Dulwich Hamlet Football Club”, “DHFC” and “The Hamlet” as trademarks, and demanded that the Club immediately cease using these words “on any printed literature and any online activity including websites and twitter”.

These bizarre and punitive moves effectively leave our 125 year-old club homeless and nameless

editor and iamwithnail like this.
  7. PartisanDulwich

Friday 9th November 2018 will mark
    250 days in exile for Dulwich Hamlet FC

1st December (Torquay United) would mark 272 days in exile
    29th December (Slough Town) would mark 300 days in exile

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    iamwithnail likes this.
  8. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

That itv report suggests the council have dropped the CPO route as a threat as part of the deal, anyone know if there's any truth in that?

9. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

The Council have agreed not to CPO to facilitate this deal. They have retained the right to do so in the future if circumstances change.

the 12th man and Pink Panther like this.
  10. PartisanDulwich

11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

There's also a fixture at home to Eastbourne Borough on Boxing Day and a potential FA Trophy home tie on 15th December, when we currently have no league fixture. We enter the Trophy at the 3rd Qualifying Round stage on 24th November, which is just within the 4-6 week timeframe for returning, but obviously at this stage there's no guarantee the necessary work will be completed by then.

The Torquay game will be postponed if they beat Woking to reach the 2nd Round of the FA Cup.

12. SW12 to S18

SW12 to S18 New Member

Congratulations to all concerned, at least the first step has been taken to get The Hamlet back to Champion Hill.
    As someone who has only been to the very occasional match and so is not over familiar with the stadium footprint, what/where is this Astro turf pitch which is mentioned and what is it’s significance in the saga?
    Keeping my fingers well and truly crossed for all concerned to an eventual happy ending.

jnrknight likes this.
  13. iamwithnail

I guess, on the note of work taking time - is there anything that we can volunteer to help with? I suppose it depends how much of it is skilledstuff, and how much is just clearing out/general recovery of neglect.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  14. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Can't add much more to what has been written above, but it's a relief to see the Hamlet coming home; and well done to YTC and dcdulwich and everyone else for getting something sorted. Still can't trust Meadow, but at least the short-term future is a little bit more secure. Onwards!

15. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

There's a pretty good summary on everything from Jack Pitt-Brooke at the Independent: Dulwich Hamlet to return home after eight months of exile

The part about the astroturf is interesting. The lease of the astroturf land has been given to the football club, not to Meadow. Is that something the football club even wants? If it's Meadow who want the astroturf, why not give the lease to them instead of the football club? The article says "Now that it has been returned, Meadow can confidently pursue a new planning application." I'd love to be able to read a clear explanation of this somewhere. For what reason would a planning application stand any better chance now than it would have last week?

SW12 to S18 likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've got a horrible feeling that those cunts Meadow are going to get more or less what they want at the end of all this.

17. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

B5E8505C-C13C-4C86-ACBE-DE8E226FC710.jpeg Pitch work continues!

Lucy Fur likes this.
  18. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

One man went to mow...... etc.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  19. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

20. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

If they put in the same application it would almost certainly be rejected again. If they come up with a scheme that doesn't touch MOL, looks after DHFC and meets Southwark's planning criteria it has a realistic chance of getting through.

Meadow are very unlikely to be fighting so hard to retain the land just to get a few bob in rent from us. They probably have a plan. Southwark and DHFC may or may not have an inkling, the rest of us will have to wait and see.

pompeydunc and Pink Panther like this.
  21. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

My advice is to trust in the people who have kept this club alive.

22. PartisanDulwich

First game at Champion Hill

Might be symbolic to retrace the route of the march from Goose Green to Champion Hill on 17th March 2018 - this time we get to go in
    but sure lots of practical reasons why not

Really need to look (and I am sure people are) at ensuring we maximise all opportunities to raise money for the 12th man, 50/50, DHST membership and programme sales

signed shirts and balls raffled - soft drinks sold separately (as at East Thurrock) etc

iamwithnail and Lucy Fur like this.
  23. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

24. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Ronco, iamwithnail and Cyclodunc like this.
  25. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

"No one knows us..." ;)

iamwithnail likes this.
  26. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Excellent idea, would be happy to help organise.

Buffalo Bill and iamwithnail like this.
  27. darryl

Harry R, editor, DanBrown and 2 others like this.
  28. darryl

It could probably lose 1,000 words and not lose any meaning or style. But that's long reads for you :cool: Enjoyed the assumption that Met Police are still off-duty coppers...

editor and Nivag like this.
  29. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

There were a few minor things like that that I assume were included for effect. I loved the ending.

Onwards to the next chapter.

darryl, Noss, editor and 2 others like this.
  30. iamwithnail

That was really interesting. Even though I've been following it, I had no real idea about the depth of work that went in from Liam and Tom and others. Obviously that work went on, but it's great to see it properly out there and people be credited. Everyone involved should be properly proud of what they've done for the club and us. Definitely underappreciated.

Tricky Skills, paolo, darryl and 5 others like this.