Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Used a less abusive word :D plus this one isn’t being helpful.

Matt The Cab likes this.
  2. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

So, the end of September is upon us and still no news. Surely we need an update from those involved? If possible can we have a response to the following questions:

1) Has the club held a meeting with Meadow?

1a) if the club has held a meeting what was discussed and what were the action points from the meeting?

2) Have Meadow offered to let us back into CH ,as some suggest, if they have has this offer been turned down and why?

3) What is the progress of the appointed council member to negotiate on behalf of the council to buy the lease

4) When will the compulsory purchase order be set in motion or has it started already?

5) What is happening with the promised mediation from the Sports Minister?

3. Pickers

Pickers Member

On the non league podcast last week there was an interview with Gavin who suggested conversations were happening / about to happen.

I am sure that there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes which can’t be talked about.

However an update of what has happened (even if nothing if it’s nothing as it can’t be talked about) is probably worth an update.

Moroccan Sunset and YTC like this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I note that YTC liked the above post. Well if he liked it could he explain the situation, without breaking sensitive confidentialities, as a DHFC Limited company director?

5. YTC

YTC Human Man

There will be a statement soon, but as previously explained, lots we can't make public. Thanks again for respecting anonymity on here, Mishi.

Noss, blueheaven, Lucy Fur and 2 others like this.
  6. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Is there anything else we, as normal fans, can do to help at the momment?
    It's really frustrating. I just want to go and piss all over Meadows office. Just say the word and I'm on it.

Ludo and Dirty South like this.
  7. YTC

YTC Human Man

If you think I've not been tempted after a few pints in soho you'd be sorely mistaken. Nothing at the moment, we've done quite enough as a collective to raise our issues. Hoping to have something out there by the end of next week (but don't hold me to it as things change very quickly in this landscape!)

Jimbob73, Dirty South and pettyboy like this.
  8. Dulwich Mishi

Anonymity is fine....there is more than one company director...I didn't name who you are. And besides, I think the vast majority of Hamlet regulars know who you are 'in real life' anyway...
    It wasn't a deliberate/spiteful thing on my part, I merely mentioned it because I knew you would be best qualified to respond.

YTC likes this.
  9. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

I've been wondering that too. Is there anyone in particular who we should be attempting to put some pressure onto on social media? The various politicians who were helping us a while back, for example, seem to have gone very quiet. Is there more we could be doing as regular fans to keep some momentum going and keep this in the public eye?

In the meantime, the likes of Blake Morgan and Kevin Rye continue to behave on social media as if nothing has ever happened.

10. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

of course they have, there's no election on now.

11. Dirty South

Dirty South Active Member

Am up for the pissing too if all else fails.

Pink Panther, crocustim and Jimbob73 like this.
  12. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

Piss on this, piss on that, it's your answer to everything

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've just dropped Douchey Rye another line on Twitter.

blueheaven likes this.
  14. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

This is not the secret service. I don’t understand why my questions can’t be answered. I’ll try again.

1) Have you met with Meadows? Yes or No

2) Have they said we can use CH? Yes or No

3) Has any offer been made by Southwark Council for the lease? Yes or No

4) Has the process of starting the CPO started? Yes or No

5) Has the Sportsminster appointed a mediator? Yes or No

15. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Maybe you should calm down a little.

16. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Responding in a personal capacity.

I think it is fair to say that ‘various politicians’ became publicly engaged in the process because they were encouraged to do so by those people within the club who felt that it would be helpful for them to do so at the time.

It may therefore be reasonable to assume that those same people do not feel that it would necessarily be helpful for them to do so publicly at this time.

scousedom and Pink Panther like this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

A 'personal capacity' of what? Without your 'real name' it will be hard to judge who you are, or what 'your capacity' is...

18. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Someone has offered a personal opinion. It doesn't really matter whether I know who he is. I can take it or leave it.

YTC likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

[​IMG]

blueheaven likes this.
  20. dcdulwich

For the benefit of those who know who I am, and the position I hold, I was not, in my posting above, speaking on behalf of that organisation but in a ‘personal capacity’ - as in it was my personal opinion.
    For people who don’t know who I am it is, obviously for them, just the opinion of a random person on the forum.

YTC and all to nah like this.
  21. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

If someone is talking in a personal capacity, do they have to disclose any other capacities they discharge to show they are not discharging that capacity?

I am genuinely interested in this philosophically.

I have no fucking idea who I am. Does anyone, really?

In fact there are probably many different versions of me - the one I perceive and the many variations that others have constructed of me from their own perception. All of these interpretations of my self will have been influenced by the values and experiences of those who form them.

I'm probably a cnut.

Dirty South, Ronco, bkbk and 2 others like this.
  22. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

“Mr Fouldsy” sounds like a made up name to me.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He's a friend of Messrs Creasy and Crumpled.

Ronco, the 12th man, Nivag and 2 others like this.
  24. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

No, I'm now an "active member" - sounds about right

Dirty South likes this.
  25. Pink Panther

He sounds like one of the Mister Men. Mr Happy, Mr Uppity, Mr Messy, Mr Fouldsy.

Mr Tickle was my favourite Mister Man, followed by Mr Strong because he was a square shape, wore a trilby and ate cheese.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Ludo and Cyclodunc like this.
  26. dcdulwich

That’s better! A proper Friday afternoon thread...

takkforalt likes this.
  27. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

ay-alrite-now-calm-down-calm-down.jpg

28. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

img_1344_1316710116_404361010.jpg
    My fave was:

Lucy Fur likes this.
  29. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Mr Tickle was my favourite too