Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Scumbags.

2. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what Meadow's long term plan actually is at this stage? Other than provoking the council and making life difficult for the football club, that is. It's quite some time now since they announced they'd be back with a revised plan for the land.

3. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I would think the fence is a health and safety issue on match days should there be a need to evacuate the ground at the Greendale end in a emergency.

YTC, Abanico, Lucy Fur and 1 other person like this.
  4. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

5. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

And the club's reaction

6. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Ugh, Meadows are awful fucking people.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They are filth. Greedy scum. They don't give a fuck about anything else apart from filling their fat wallets with even more money.

8. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Time for a proper demonstration outside their offices, they are scum and people need to know

Lucy Fur and iamwithnail like this.
  9. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

I have in my life met exactly one decent and honorable property developer.

10. YTC

YTC Human Man

11. YTC

YTC Human Man

12. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Is there any merit to a bar boycott, if the club aren't getting the money? (This might put people's jobs at risk, though, which would be bad, so maybe not.)

13. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Congratulations to whoever decided to hold this back to a Friday PM release. Always a good trick if you want to drive the media agenda over the weekend.as the other side struggle to comment. Seems to be working nicely.

Good work folks.

14. property developer scum

iamwithnail likes this.
  15. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Sounds like it will come to a head this summer then.

16. Roger D

Reading between the line it could come to a head each time the wages are due, when the tax bill is due and any other bills that may yet mysteriously appear are due.

Sadly my reading is that money seems to be needed if this is to get to the summer.

YTC likes this.
  17. blueheaven

Fully in favour of both a bar boycott and a demonstration. Fans' need to make their voices heard and keep this in the media.

iamwithnail likes this.
  18. blueheaven

Also... is it time yet to ask when the council's promise to protect the club is actuallygoing to be acted upon?

pompeydunc and darryl like this.
  19. Roger D

Check out the clubs Twitter account. They tweeted a very positive message today about the support they are getting from Southwark.

I suspect there is stuff going on there that is under NDA.

Pink Panther and blueheaven like this.
  20. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

If the worst happens and we are locked out of Champion Hill next season, where would we have to look for a ground share? Nothing jumps out immediately as being a good option. And chances are that most clubs aren't looking for a ground share partner.

Are any of these possible options?

- Carshalton
    - Welling
    - Tooting

Smaller teams:
    - Fisher (would be an odd reversal)
    - Peckham Town (with ground investments)?
    - Athenlay FC
    - Millwall

21. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

22. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Welling already have Erith & Belvedere. Fisher is barely county league standard. I know Peckham Town are ambitious to improve their ground and progress to at least top division county league, but there weren't even floodlights last time I saw it and improvement works were hampered when asbestos was discovered and had to be removed. That would be the best location wise.

Carshalton Athletic has a 3G pitch so extra matches on it wouldn't be a problem, and they offered us their ground when we were threatened with being locked out for the Brightlingsea match .

Lucy Fur likes this.
  23. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Is Peckham Town's ground owned by Southwark Council?

24. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It used to be the Southwark Sports ground, but I don't know if it's council land or Dulwich College land.

25. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

It's council land.

26. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

I've just posted the 12th Man fund PayPal link on the East Dulwich Forum, but I'm wondering if there's one simple link somewhere giving details of how to make a one-off donation or a regular payment. Googling hasn't unearthed one...

YTC likes this.
  27. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

This seems to be for one-off payments. Not 12th man I'm guessing. Hope it's proper.

Help raise £10000 to Help Dulwich Hamlet Football Club cover costs for player wages and to help towards the stability and future of the club.

YTC likes this.
  28. Dulwich Mishi

Pink Panther has already responded to some of these...
    Are any of these possible options?

- Carshalton all-weather pitch, so fixtures would be played when they are due to, so you could plan ahead with income.
    - Welling Erith & Belvedere already use it.
    - Tooting Pitch isn't the best, games would be called off at the drop of a hat, with their games, obviously, taking a priority.

Smaller teams:
    - Fisher (would be an odd reversal) Would not meet the gradings for our level. But all weather pitch.
    - Peckham Town (with ground investments)? With HUGE ground investments. Pitch waterlogs easily as well. Might be an option if we wanted to drop down to non-floodlit Kent county League Step Seven football, we are currently Step Three. Might just be brought up to Step Five level, in a year or two.
    - Athenlay FC A junior football ground used for children's football, basically a field hemmed in by housing. Would never be allowed to be developed into a football ground, even if there was the will and the money.
    - Millwall This would cost us a huge rental fee, much more than hiring any non-league ground at our level anywhere in London.

Basically, very worrying times ahead....I genuinely fear for the future of our grand old Club.

29. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Yes the justgiving page was set up by a fan with funds going directly to the 12th Man scheme

You can donate to them via PayPal, or set up a standing order for a regular payment. Details on the attached:

51B296DF-E2DB-43DB-8DA2-B48189FBA203.jpeg

To set up a standing order use the following bank details:
    99F28F70-CD7D-4CB9-98E9-57A8E4EA1963.jpeg

30. Dulwich Mishi