1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

No. This is part of Southwark Council's new local plan policies that they are currently proposing and separate to any proposals put forward by Meadow BUT the Council make specific reference to the new Southwark Plan proposals in their Statement of Case relating to the Planning Inquiry. They note that the New Southwark Plan proposals should have progressed to 'submission' stage by the time of the inquiry and therefore weight should be given to emerging policies.

If the proposals as drafted are approved in their current form then not only will this add weight to the case against the proposed redevelopment of Champion Hill but will in effect set in place a strategy that allows redevelopment on all land except the pitch – this is a gross misunderstanding of the Club’s needs both now and for any future progression.

As most supporters will be aware, for the Club to have no basic ancillary facilities such as changing rooms, turnstiles, bar etc. would mean that the Club would in effect be playing at County level or below. Put simply, the Council’s lack of proper consideration for the Football Club in the proposed Plan risks the future of the Club.

pompeydunc likes this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

No!

Firstly, there are no 'Hadley' fpans. The company that control things are Meadows Residential, these are 'Meadows' plans.

The application from them was not heard by Southwark Council, so Meadows appealed about the delay in not hearing the planning application, and it is now going to the Planning Inspectorate, which I believe is either a government or independent thingy, which overrides the Council, and which the council must abide by. This is due to be heard, the last I heard, starting sometime in December, at the end of this year.

The Southwark Plan is a borough wide plan, with no specific link to the Meadows plans.

Think I've got that right, happy to stand corrected.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    AndyF and Pink Panther like this.
  3. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Ok thanks, can't say I understand it all though!

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus