1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

No. This is part of Southwark Council's new local plan policies that they are currently proposing and separate to any proposals put forward by Meadow BUT the Council make specific reference to the new Southwark Plan proposals in their Statement of Case relating to the Planning Inquiry. They note that the New Southwark Plan proposals should have progressed to 'submission' stage by the time of the inquiry and therefore weight should be given to emerging policies.

If the proposals as drafted are approved in their current form then not only will this add weight to the case against the proposed redevelopment of Champion Hill but will in effect set in place a strategy that allows redevelopment on all land except the pitch – this is a gross misunderstanding of the Club’s needs both now and for any future progression.

As most supporters will be aware, for the Club to have no basic ancillary facilities such as changing rooms, turnstiles, bar etc. would mean that the Club would in effect be playing at County level or below. Put simply, the Council’s lack of proper consideration for the Football Club in the proposed Plan risks the future of the Club.

pompeydunc likes this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

No!

Firstly, there are no 'Hadley' fpans. The company that control things are Meadows Residential, these are 'Meadows' plans.

The application from them was not heard by Southwark Council, so Meadows appealed about the delay in not hearing the planning application, and it is now going to the Planning Inspectorate, which I believe is either a government or independent thingy, which overrides the Council, and which the council must abide by. This is due to be heard, the last I heard, starting sometime in December, at the end of this year.

The Southwark Plan is a borough wide plan, with no specific link to the Meadows plans.

Think I've got that right, happy to stand corrected.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    AndyF and Pink Panther like this.
  3. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Ok thanks, can't say I understand it all though!

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. DHST

DHST Member

pompeydunc likes this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

if anyone would like to write an update to this so I can spread the word on Brixton Buzz, I'd be much obliged :)

7. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

Main points here are:

Some cause for celebration as pressure from DHFC (committee, DHST + supporters) means that the FC's ancillary facilitates are 'in principle' being protected from re-development in Southwark's updated plan, which partially safe-guards DHFC's ability to remain playing at this level of the pyramid.

However, the council are cagey about exactly how 'much' of the area the ancillary facilities are sitting on is being protected. This might mean that they would force the football club to operate in facilities which are smaller than they are now (like we're not over-capacity on matchday's or anything!:facepalm:;))

So we still need people to write to the council expressing their support for the club to be allowed to operate on the area it currently occupies (at the very least) and to be allowed to expand in future.

Kerriesfriend and Cyclodunc like this.
  8. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy New Member

What I don't understand is why Meadow don't just employ a decent lawyer and sort this out? It's in their interest.

9. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Because this is a Southwark Council consultation and it's not within Meadow's power to do anything other than respond to the consultation.

YTC and Monkeygrinder's Organ like this.
  10. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

There were surveyors out on the astroturf pitch this afternoon measuring various points.

11. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

The Astroturf pitch is getting done up. Flood lights repaired, holes repaired and such so they were probably there for that.

Nivag and YTC like this.
  12. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Is it? I'm pretty sure Meadow won't spend another penny on it.

13. YTC

YTC Human Man

perhaps the council?

14. Dulwich Mishi

There is work being done on it at the moment, Chris has told me.

YTC likes this.
  15. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Yeah Chris told me as well. One of our younger fans approached them about it and suggested it could be fixed up and hired out to make some money. And they went along with it.

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

Maybe that money could have kept Kottoy..

17. Dulwich Mishi

My guess, and only a guess, is that it needs to be done up back to a playing standard, as to how it roughly was under the old lease from the council...but as I say, that's a guess, which could be wide of the mark.

crocustim and YTC like this.
  18. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

Was anymore light shed on this over the weekend?

19. YTC

YTC Human Man

20. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

OK, so it's officially being improved for the commercial reasons stated above then...

21. YTC

YTC Human Man

Thats what we'd assume! Probably a combo of having to repair them for council standards and Owners trying to make some money..

22. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

We should repair the fence for a laugh.

Cyclodunc and Ludo like this.
  23. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Not to mention Health and Safety.

YTC likes this.