1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there's a way of finding out if you've already commented on the Stadium appeal? I'm sure I did it ages ago, but can't find a way of checking for certain.

2. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Not sure. Of course you could sift through all the comments and check but that would take ages. In any case does it matter? If you want to make further comment then do! If you've commented previously then your comments will be forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate but you can still make further comment and I'd suggest you do.

We have just over a week to make comments to the Planning Inspectorate. These are people who will decide the outcome of this appeal and who might not know anything about our Club, what we've done in the community, and why it's important to stay in East Dulwich.

Don't hesitate and think we'll be okay because someone else will comment. It's 5-10 mins online max to make your voice heard. Make it count!

pompeydunc, AndyF and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  3. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

Just completed my 'representation'.

Harman is my MP so will send her a hard copy. Is there a painless way of working out who my local councillors are so I can send hard copies to them too? Al Crane pompeydunc

4. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

Answer to my own question:

Find your local councillors - GOV.UK

pompeydunc likes this.
  5. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

pompeydunc and AndyF like this.
  6. Al Crane

Excellent opportunity for everyone to spend 10 minutes putting in their comments today!

We've produced a step-by-step guide to submitting comments on the Planning Inspectorate website here

Guidance on what to say (other than your passionate description of what the Hamlet means to you and the community) can be found here for the main application and here for the Section 106 application.

A copy of the leaflet that we've produced and been handing out over the last couple of weeks can be found here and contains similar guidance to that above.

Finally, if you have any queries or problems making comments then you can email us at info@dhst.org.uk or here and we'll do our best to respond as helpfully as we can.

7. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Well-Known Member

Just posted my representation, its really easy to do, so if you haven't done it yet please do so.

Fingers, pompeydunc and Al Crane like this.
  8. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Done - easy - made easy by the DHFC Trust and others hard work.

9. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Couldn't agree more...the Trust have really stepped up to the plate on this, over the last few weeks.

10. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Done! Great work everyone (but Al's post made it sooo easy)

pompeydunc and Al Crane like this.
  11. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Al Crane I've been asked today is the deadline 11:59pm or can people get their comments in on the 7th?

I've told people to get them in today and will chase again.

12. Al Crane

All I know is what is on the Planning Inspectorate website (7th March) but my message is get comments in asap. Do not delay!

AndyF likes this.
  13. Dulwich Mishi

Well I've just posted mine from thei nternet in Dulwich Library, on my way to the ground, and they accepted it. &th March ends tonight at midnight, if they meant last night at midnight it would surely have said the 6th?
    So please, everyone , get all of your work colleagues and friends to support this appeal to the Planning Inspectorate today, it doesn't have to be detailed, you don't have to local, or even from England!

iamwithnail likes this.
  14. AndyF

Did mine very late last night and likewise just heard from a mate who put his in just now. As I intimated it wasn't clear (by can mean before) but anyway we know now. See you in a bit mate.

15. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Interesting High Court decision this week in favour of QPR's new training facility on Metropolitan Open Land.

3010 likes this.
  16. Dulwich Mishi

Not that interesting, as you didn't tell us what it was...

17. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Did mine
    Also got 2 cousins to do it whos Grandads son played for the club
    Plus i sent E mails to 14 Millwall fans(dont laugh) and i know for sure 6 of those did the deed
    Lets hope we have done our bit for this great old club

Nicgatt, pompeydunc and Fingers like this.
  18. Dulwich Mishi

Actually, replying to myself, it is interesting, because you said 'in favour', but would have preferred a link, if you saw it on-line.

19. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Hi. I originally saw it on a website that has a paywall but there is an article here. Some similarities, some thing different, but seems to suggest MOL not sacrosanct to alterations in favour of community and sporting uses.

QPR's Warren Farm facility to go ahead after High Court backing

Dulwich Mishi and Fingers like this.
  20. Jimbob73

When realistically do you think we will hear anything about this, can Southwark just ignore this too?

21. Dulwich Mishi

If you mean the decision of the Planning Inspectorate, then no...as I understand it, though clearly I'm no planning expert, their decision 'trumps' that of the Council...so whatever the Council say, the Planning Inspectorate will over-ride it....even though the Council haven't made a decision.
    I don't know one hundred per cent if the Council can appeal a Planning Inspectorate decision, I am guessing they might be able to, but it would be very expensive.

22. AndyF

I would have thought that it would go to appeal for the Mayor of London but highly unlikely. Not sure if it's of enough strategic importance i.e. we don't have to build new transport links.

23. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

A Planning Inspectorate decision can be overturned via a Statutory Review (aka a Judicial Review) in the High Court.
    In practice it is highly unlikely that the High Court would overturn a Planning Inspector's decision.

24. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

The Planning Inspectorate has written to Southwark (the letter was posted on Southwark's website today) to say that the appeal will be heard at the Council Offices at 160 Tooley Street from 10am on 12th December. It has requested that the venue be reserved for 8 days.

Dulwich Mishi, Lucy Fur and B.I.G like this.
  25. Jimbob73

12th December - wow glad this is urgent!

26. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

It's a good thing. By that time, we'll be selling out every week at the top of Conference South and the need for a new ground will be evident to even the meanest nimby intellect.

27. Dulwich Mishi

Alternatively....no better not go there.... ;)

YTC likes this.
  28. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Anyone else get a letter from the council about the stadium development this week? Haven't seen anyone else on here mention it.

29. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

I did. Seemed a generic response to anyone who'd 'borne witness' or 'made testament' or whatever their stupid jargon was about the club & the development proposal. Did make mention of the fact the council had received a large amount of correspondence on the matter.

30. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member