1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Never trust a fucking developer.

2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

That's a VERY poorly worded article, that simply plays up to the NIMBY propaganda. Here's the bit I'm commenting on, in CAPITALS, just to mark my comments out...

"If Southwark Council gives the proposals the go-ahead, developers Greendale Property Development will rebuild the stadium and put more than 155 new homes on the nearby Green Dale Fields."
    NO HOMES ARE GOING ON GREE DALE! This implies total that they will.

"Although the proposals for a new stadium have been met with overwhelming support from Dulwich Hamlet fans, there has been dogged opposition from councillors and residents about the building on Green Dale Fields – which is a protected space."
    I WOULD NOT CALL A VOCAL MINORITY AS 'DOGGED'!

"Liberal Democrat Councillor for East Dulwich, James Barber, told the News: “I’m against any development on green, open space. They’re taking a punt that they’ll get away with it and if they do, it will be an appalling precedent that open space is up for grabs. The population of London is growing and will continue to do so. This means we need more green open spaces, not less.”
    WELL THERE'S A SURPRISE! BARBER HAS NO INTEREST IN OUR FOOTBALL CLUB AND, IN MY OPINION, DOESN'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT DULWICH HAMLET AND THE WORK WE DO. NOT ONLY ARE LOCAL LIBERAL DEMOCRATS OPPOSED TO THIS SCHEME THEY WERE ALSO OPPOSED TO THE BUILDING OF THE CURRENT GROUND! INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT FORMER LIB-DEM COUNCILLOR & DULWICH HAMLET FAN JONATHAN HUNT, WHO WAS OPPOSED TO THE CURRENT GROUND, AS WELL AS THE PROPOSED BUILDING OF A NEW ONE NEXT DOOR, HAS TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD AGREE TO A 'COMPROMISE' THAT WOULD 'ONLY OVERLAP SLIGHTLY' ONTO GREENDALE, WITH PART OF OUR CURRENT CAR PARK AND GROUND BEING BUILT ON, WITH ONLY SOME OF GREENDALE BEING USED [as in less than what is proposed now] FOR PART OF A NEW GROUND. WORK THAT ONE OUT...

3. Dulwich Mishi

I trust the one we have enough...if we get a new stadium out of it.
    Personally I don't trust ranting website owners! ;)

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I didn't pretend I couldn't afford something then suddenly change my mind when I couldn't get what I want. Don't you fucking dare compare me with slippery property developers. This site is run for fuck all. No one's here to grease their palms.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

I suggest you have another look at my post, and my use of the ';)' thingy, which clearly suggests that I'm taking the piss.
    I realise this site is run for fuck all, even though you do deserve payment...certainly through attracting new people and bigging up proper Brixton. Though the downside is that you have inadvertently helped with the gentrification...still you can't have everything.

I can compare, jokingly or not, to anything I like really...call me old fashioned, but I thought that's how I thought messageboards worked....you know...people having differing opinions... ;)

Ah, there goes that ';)' thingy again...

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yeah sure. You keep adding a ;) at the end of every comment you make comparing me with fucking slippery, cash-raking, deal twisting property developers and everything will just be dandy.

pompeydunc likes this.
  7. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

We just need a decision. I hope this move will swing it towards what the club needs.

8. YTC

YTC Human Man

Fucking Hell editor, have you met Mishi before?

9. YTC

YTC Human Man

Are we swaying towards not supporting this now? They are fucking slippery, evidently.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Hey, if you love them, you support them.

11. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

I don't think it's about 'loving' them, more trying to make the best of a bad situation

YTC likes this.
  12. YTC

YTC Human Man

Sorry, who loves who?

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

"If."

14. YTC

YTC Human Man

what the fuck are you talking about mate? Who loves what? Who loves developers? Who has said they love developers? You've lost me.

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

u ok hun?

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Feeling great sweetie. xx

18. YTC

YTC Human Man

More Sudafed for that man!

19. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

I just received the attached via email. On first glance nothing that we don't already know but seemed relevant to this thread so thought I would post...

Attached Files:

pompeydunc likes this.
  20. Got that too.
    Careful not to dox yourself there though.

21. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

DHST have put out a press release regarding a meeting proposed for Monday 20th February 7pm at the Club bar. It really is important that as many people attend as possible and encourage all others who care about the future of the Club to come if they can and find out what you can do to help ensure the successful future of the Club.

Your Club needs you – #SupportOurStadium – Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' Trust

Dulwich Mishi, YTC and 3010 like this.
  22. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  23. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

done. Important that everyone does this.

pompeydunc and dcdulwich like this.
  24. YTC

YTC Human Man

I hear that.

25. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

See you tonight, people.

Dulwich Mishi and Lyham like this.
  26. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

so what happened last night, updates?

27. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

In a nutshell, we all need to write to the Planning Inspectorate and tell them why DHFC is so vital to the local community. There are flyers which give more info, and suggestions for what to say, and we have 2 weeks to get them in.

28. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Suggestions on what can be said are also here - Planning Application Appeal – Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' Trust. We will be updating this (and the leaflet) in the next day or so to reflect some of the good ideas that came up in the discussion last night and to include more info on handling the separate appeal to amend the S106 agreement.

29. clog

clog have that you c

I wasn't at the meeting, so feel free to flame me to high heaven, but isn't the planning inspectorate concerned with legal processes and whether they've been followed, not the value of DHFC to the community? It strikes me that this is something that is of much more interest and concern to Southwark council.

editor likes this.
  30. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Not in this case I think.
    The Planning Inspectorate will determine the application itself (on planning grounds) if it feels that the Planning Authority (i.e. Southwark) does not have good enough reasons to excuse the delay.
    In any case, according to the Government, ALL applications should be determined within an absolute maximum of 26 weeks (assuming the applicant has not agreed to an extension in reaching a decision).
    I wasn't at the meeting either so I'm sure others will be able to provide a more informed view.