1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

It is extremely annoying that everyone outside the club seems to ignore our tenancy situation as I am sure you agree :)

2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

There's lots of things that annoy me...but if I were to compile a list...I'd be a lot more unpopular than I already am! ;)

Scutta likes this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Ha! No wonder you aren't on twitter. Your list on me would be several tweets of 140 characters.

4. Dulwich Mishi

Nah, I'd be ok...keep your friends close, but your enemies closer! ;)

B.I.G likes this.
  5. rover07

rover07 has a shining car.

The land may still belong to the Council but the stadium will be owned by Hadley's.

6. Dulwich Mishi

No it won't. Under this development it will be leased.

7. Dulwich Mishi

And, further, if all goes to plan, and approval is given, down the line Hadley will no longer be involved, our Club will be fan-owned, so the Club will be all of ours.

8. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

The information on provision of social housing is included in the FAQs on the Champion Hill Development site which has been around for some time so its not as Hadley have been hiding this FAQs | Champion Hill Stadium
    Was a glaring inaccuracy in the orginal 35% Report which states that the club sold the land for the building of Sainsbury, Had that been the case might be in a lot better position finacially (probably?).

9. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

"It is important to note that the proposals are not a typical residential-led scheme, where a policy-compliant amount of affordable housing can be of course be provided. Instead, it is a stadium-led scheme that brings additional benefits to the local community."

So that is pretty specific, they are using us to avoid providing social housing?

editor likes this.
  10. Griff_Turnstile

I'd bet the profit would be a lot higher if you just let the club die much as happened to Fisher and a few other clubs. With a derelict stadium on their doorsteps, locals don't tend to baulk at residential developments as much.

Scutta likes this.
  11. Griff_Turnstile

There are a lot easier ways to avoid the provision of social housing. Developers condemn housing policy that risks wrecking social mix in London

Scutta likes this.
  12. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Well-Known Member

Is it social or affordable? Getting confused. Either way using dhfc to avoid is grim.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I love Dulwich Hamlet. I really don't like Hadleys' weaselling ways. That is all for now.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  14. Griff_Turnstile

With it being a private development won't be social, affordable within that definition of the word.

15. Griff_Turnstile

Could also be construed that Dulwich Hamlet are using Hadley to obtain a new stadium with a decent leash and the chance to put behind us some of the shysters that have leached off the club pre-Hadley, making a fresh start as a Supporter-Owned club.

16. Scutta

Whichever way you twist it social/affordable housing is lost... so that's bad.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  17. Scutta

Section 106. A certain of percentage of any development needs to have social or affordable housing... which I am assuming we the stadium are part of within the plans, so they dont have to build anymore..

18. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Providing social or affordable housing in this way is just a bodge job anyway, I didn't expect Hadley to provide it so I'm not surprised it isn't there.

19. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Jimbob73 and blueheaven like this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Jimbob73 likes this.
  21. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Estate agents and now butchers! I supose we need to get the unsustainable increase in spectators down some how.

22. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Nice sausages. Nice lads.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

All we need now is some sponsorship from a petrochemical company!

24. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

You don't win the Ryman eating peanut mince.

Pink Panther likes this.
  25. Dulwich Mishi

What on earth are you on about 'now butchers'????

What's wrong with eating meat?

Flock & Herd have been backers of the Club for several years now, in fact they have been one of our loyalist minor sponsors.

Have you noticed the warm-up tops, boards around the ground, programme adverts & the back of the dugouts?

Good grief!

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

We need to be encouraging people to eat less meat, you know. You must have seen the research on this, no?

Jimbob73 likes this.
  27. Griff_Turnstile

Always amazes me that with Burger this and Burger that all over London, no one's thought to break the mould with some veggie options rather than each trying to outdo the other on how weird the toppings can get before maximum burger point is reached.

clog, Jimbob73, Scutta and 3 others like this.
  28. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

And drink less alcohol.

clog and Cyclodunc like this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How is that impacting on global warming?

30. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Beer farts.