1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Hi all. Plans for the vote on our new ground have been published.

http://dhst.org.uk/trust-poll-plans/

If you want a say in the future of Dulwich Hamlet FC, please join the Supporters Trust before the 3rd September.

http://dhst.org.uk/join/

We will compile a FAQ if people email in their questions and publish it before voting takes place.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    mrs quoad and Spikey mikey like this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm not sure if my membership is still valid - I didn't get a reminder to renew. Can anyone check, please?

3. Fingers

I will check for you now mate. Give me five mins

4. Fingers

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  5. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

Sorry if I'm missing the point here - are you saying that just the plans for the actual vote itself have been published, or should there be plans for the actual ground redevelopment too?

6. Fingers

Sorry, to be clear, these are plans for a vote on whether we accept the new ground.

sankara likes this.
  7. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

Thanks

8. Fingers

editor You are still valid until Jan 2016. Could you possibly sticky this post until the vote is over please

Thanks

9. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Has planning permission gone in for this yet?

10. AndyDHFC

AndyDHFC Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting.

I take it that some additional info will be provided with the vote?

I look forward to seeing the Board's recommendation.

11. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

As a general principal or have more detailed plans been published? If we're effectively voting on the previous presentation that seems a bit premature to me.

12. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

I would hope it will be on the general principle of a new stadium being something that should be supported to make the club sustainable at its current level of football rather than a vote on whether we like the design, length of lease, rental terms or anything specific

13. Champion_hill

Champion_hill Well-Known Member

Hi all,

If people have questions would they mind emailing the trust in order for us to compile a FAQ piece on the poll process rather than us responding directly on urban. If there are elements we need to respond to individually by email then of course we will.

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Cyclodunc, StephenMac and Fingers like this.
  14. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Who are you please?

And why can't there be responses directly on Urban?

15. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

are other supporters going to be polled ? Or only Trust members

16. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

I'm with Mishi, why can't we have a discussion here then put the answers in?

17. Champion_hill

Champion_hill Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have been clearer when replying, it's Jack B.

Firstly it's important we're clear that we can only answer questions on the trust polling process rather than the ground development. The latter is an area that Hadleys are better placed to provide answers on.

We're more than happy to post the FAQ on urban but as a group of volunteers, we don't have the time/resources to respond to every individual query immediately. Of course the questions which are left on urban can feed into any FAQ.

clog and Cyclodunc like this.
  18. Monkeygrinder's Organ

If you pay three quid and pass the vetting process...

Seriously it will be trust members only I assume.

19. Dulwich Mishi

Yes, it's a poll for Trust members, as I understand it, to ask members if they as a body, want the Trust to back the proposals. I hope that's right.

20. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Do I know you?

21. Dulwich Mishi

22. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Still a trifle confused here so can it just be clarified as to whether the poll would be put to those relevant members based on a concrete proposal for development when that happens? Somehow I see a vote for general backing for a new stadium as rather pointless given the possibility for change afterwards.

AndyDHFC and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  23. gareth taylor

gareth taylor Banned Banned

what about non members poll ?

24. Fingers

What would a non members poll achieve? And how would you go about setting that up?

25. gareth taylor

don't know ?

Ludo likes this.
  26. Dulwich Mishi

I think he might mean a general canvass of all fans, to affirm they might support the new ground plans.

But this poll is about the Trust Board asking for a mandate from their members to see if they, as an organisation, can go forward and support them.

Though I can see where Gareth is coming from, as the Trust membership is probably no more than a quarter of our total fanbase.

But this poll is specifically for Trust members & formulating Trust policy, as I understand it.

So, if you're in the Trust, please use your vote when the ballot papers are issued.

Fingers likes this.
  27. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

And if you're not a trust member, become one.

Monkeygrinder's Organ likes this.
  28. Monkeygrinder's Organ

I think the whole point of any Trust is ultimately that it represents its members - obviously DHST aspires to represent the fans as well as possible but if people want an input into exactly what form that takes then they need to join. A non-members poll isn't going to work as far as I can see - would you just wander round the ground asking people at random?

I don't think a tenner is unreasonable.

Fingers likes this.
  29. gareth taylor

even from north wales ?

30. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Yes, even from North Wales. It's simple. If you want to be a part of the vote on the future of the Club/Ground you need to be a member of the Trust.

Fingers, clog and Matboy_Slim like this.