Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Champion Hill: Proposed Ground Redevelopment

editor

hiraethified
I'm not sure if my membership is still valid - I didn't get a reminder to renew. Can anyone check, please?

sankara

Hi all. Plans for the vote on our new ground have been published.
Sorry if I'm missing the point here - are you saying that just the plans for the actual vote itself have been published, or should there be plans for the actual ground redevelopment too?

Fingers

From Tuscany SE22
Sorry if I'm missing the point here - are you saying that just the plans for the actual vote itself have been published, or should there be plans for the actual ground redevelopment too?
Sorry, to be clear, these are plans for a vote on whether we accept the new ground.

AndyDHFC

Thanks for posting.

I take it that some additional info will be provided with the vote?

I look forward to seeing the Board's recommendation.

liamdhfc

I would hope it will be on the general principle of a new stadium being something that should be supported to make the club sustainable at its current level of football rather than a vote on whether we like the design, length of lease, rental terms or anything specific

Champion_hill

Hi all,

If people have questions would they mind emailing the trust in order for us to compile a FAQ piece on the poll process rather than us responding directly on urban. If there are elements we need to respond to individually by email then of course we will.

Thank you

Last edited:

sleaterkinney

Hi all,

If people have questions would they mind emailing the trust in order for us to compile a FAQ piece on the poll process rather than us responding directly on urban. If there are elements we need to respond to individually by email then of course we will.

Thank you
I'm with Mishi, why can't we have a discussion here then put the answers in?

Champion_hill

Sorry, I should have been clearer when replying, it's Jack B.

Firstly it's important we're clear that we can only answer questions on the trust polling process rather than the ground development. The latter is an area that Hadleys are better placed to provide answers on.

We're more than happy to post the FAQ on urban but as a group of volunteers, we don't have the time/resources to respond to every individual query immediately. Of course the questions which are left on urban can feed into any FAQ.

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
Yes, it's a poll for Trust members, as I understand it, to ask members if they as a body, want the Trust to back the proposals. I hope that's right.

Griff_Turnstile

Flitting in & out like Tinkerbell on Meth
Still a trifle confused here so can it just be clarified as to whether the poll would be put to those relevant members based on a concrete proposal for development when that happens? Somehow I see a vote for general backing for a new stadium as rather pointless given the possibility for change afterwards.

gareth taylor

Banned
Banned
Still a trifle confused here so can it just be clarified as to whether the poll would be put to those relevant members based on a concrete proposal for development when that happens? Somehow I see a vote for general backing for a new stadium as rather pointless given the possibility for change afterwards.
what about non members poll ?

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
I think he might mean a general canvass of all fans, to affirm they might support the new ground plans.

But this poll is about the Trust Board asking for a mandate from their members to see if they, as an organisation, can go forward and support them.

Though I can see where Gareth is coming from, as the Trust membership is probably no more than a quarter of our total fanbase.

But this poll is specifically for Trust members & formulating Trust policy, as I understand it.

So, if you're in the Trust, please use your vote when the ballot papers are issued.

Monkeygrinder's Organ

Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager
I think the whole point of any Trust is ultimately that it represents its members - obviously DHST aspires to represent the fans as well as possible but if people want an input into exactly what form that takes then they need to join. A non-members poll isn't going to work as far as I can see - would you just wander round the ground asking people at random?

I don't think a tenner is unreasonable.