Chair design

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by ringo, May 1, 2015.

1. smee22

smee22 New Member

There will be no toe-stubbing on the corner of these bad boys, that's for sure.

2. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Cesca Chairs

breuer-cesca-chairs-black-leather-google-search-chair-reproduction-728x546.jpg

Didn't realise these were a famous design. I have two copies as my dining chairs. Bought for £20 from the local charity shop.

3. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Classic. I think it one works for an hour or so though. But for cheap simplicity, nailed.

4. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Horrible to sit on. But I guess dining chairs are short use times? But I'm soooo objecting. Having a dedicated "dining room"... urban social death. :D

5. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

I think I have 10 IKEA copies of this now stowed in my parents loft.

Why? I once found out I had 10 friends. They're all in the loft now.

lefteri likes this.
  6. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Yeah, for a short time they're OK, but until I got the other chair I posted above I was using it as my computer chair and I work from home...so 8+ hours per day sat in it. Not great :(

Also, I don't have a dining room :D I don't even having a dining table anymore (it's now my computer table) :)

7. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

They look like the sort of thing one of the bosses at the interior designers I worked at would put in a nightclub, he said for "WOW" factor ... they are certainly eye-catching, but not for the reason he would think !

8. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

I picked some eames ICF office leathers for the house library ( box room too small for a bed) . Everyone hated them, I was only allowed to keep one for my personal use.

9. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

ringo likes this.
  10. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Love it :D

11. ringo

AnnO'Neemus likes this.
  12. ringo

Bought a kitchen table at an auction for £40 and in with the lot for no extra cost was a pair of nice Jan Kurtz pocket folding chairs which normally go for £80 each. They fold almost completely flat, stack, very solid metal construction and pretty comfortable - nice bit of design.
    jan-kurtz-pocket-chair-w-450-h-780-d-470-mm-aluminium-white--jan-493606_1a.jpg jan-kurtz-pocket-chair-2.jpg

Last week's drunken Ebay purchase also turned out to be a winner. Mid 20th Century red vinly club chairs £100 :D:thumbs:

armchairs5.jpg

13. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

Wow :) do you live in a warehouse?

14. ringo

Hah, the armchairs are the pics from the Ebay advert and the Kurtz jobs are stock pics from the internet. I wish I did, I've got so many chairs there's no room to stand up. Like records, I just keep on buying more and getting told to stop. But balls to that :)

plurker, AnnO'Neemus and blossie33 like this.
  15. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

Hahaha :D
    I'm like that with books so I sort of know what you mean!

ringo likes this.