Central London photos - parks, buildings, street scenes and London life

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Nov 10, 2014.

1. editor

editor Forked with electrons

2. editor

3. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Nice. Berwick St has completely changed. It amazes me that some of the dodgy brothels are still holding out TBH.

Where the Trocadero once was, complete with Sega World and Laserquest and a multiplex and Namco funland is just a tat souvernir shop. Tottenham Ct Rd, no longer the electronics hub of yore, just a few little indie camera and PC repair places now. And Oxford St, more tat shops replacing once decent stores. Even the old United Colours of Beneton Store just opposite Nike Town on Oxford Circus seems to be struggling to find tenants.

The best thing about central London is a lot of the old boozers still seem to be doing well. in Soho and Fitzrovia anyway you can still find some very decent pubs. Very little to go shopping for though.

marty21 and editor like this.
  4. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

clicker and editor like this.
  5. editor

6. clicker

clicker nanook rubs it....

Great photos. I love London at this time of year, all the lights and reflections and wet pavements :cool:.

editor likes this.
  7. Love the self portrait editor :D

8. editor

9. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

10. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

11. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

3FE2DEAF-C796-4222-A3E7-7B09161F201D.jpeg

On waste ground behind London Bridge. I have no idea why there looks to be some Royal Navy airframe lying there DownwardDog - any ideas what it is ?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  12. editor

13. editor

14. editor

15. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Just passed gay hussar on Greek Street and it's closed, since last summer supposedly. But theres seemed to be several shut shops there... Any one know why? Just rents? Or is something else going on?