Celebrate Thatcher's death party, tonight, Windrush Square

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by TopCat, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

and someone from work too.

2. grubby local

grubby local tapir wanker

just thought i'd let you know that you lot (and the Ritzy board change video) made the Brazilian evening news :D . Proud. gx

Greebo, ymu, Miss-Shelf and 4 others like this.
  3. TruXta

TruXta tired

Amazing how far and how quick an event so small travels! Guess it must be because of all the media play it got here from the get go.

4. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Go TIM!
    I take it we can say that seeing as his name was mentioned in the video :D

5. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Seeing as the poster you quoted was claiming the person in question was a bloke when it was actually a girl...
    Just goes to show you can tell fuck all from a photo.
    Reign it in :)

Greebo likes this.
  6. Frumious B.

Frumious B. Well-Known Member

A warning in the Independent that the polis could use last night as an excuse to preemptively arrest potential protesters before Thatcher's state funeral:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...may-turn-into-security-nightmare-8566452.html

7. little_legs

little_legs Поехали!

T & P and Greebo like this.
  8. Utopia

Utopia "Jackanackanory"

From Billy Bragg, Canada, on the death of Margaret Thatcher:

This is not a time for celebration. The death of Margaret Thatcher is nothing more than a salient reminder of how Britain got into the mess that we are in today. Of why ordinary working people are no longer able to earn enough from one job to su
    pport a family; of why there is a shortage of decent affordable housing; of why domestic growth is driven by credit, not by real incomes; of why tax-payers are forced to top up wages; of why a spiteful government seeks to penalise the poor for having an extra bedroom; of why Rupert Murdoch became so powerful; of why cynicism and greed became the hallmarks of our society.

Raising a glass to the death of an infirm old lady changes none of this. The only real antidote to cynicism is activism. Don't celebrate - organise!

oryx, gaijingirl, Rushy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Chilavert

Chilavert Undermining strikes :-(

I've been told that all police leave in London has been cancelled for the funeral next Wednesday.

10. Pickman's model

was whoever told you a) honest, b) in a position to know, and c) have they been right about similar things in the past?

11. Chilavert

Chilavert Undermining strikes :-(

I was told in good faith through someone I worked very closely with in the past and still see from time to time, so while there's always a chance the information could be wrong, I don't have any reason to doubt it at this stage.

Clearly I'm not going to say too much about where this has come from, but the person who told me is certainly in a position to know.

12. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

what organising have you done in the last couple of days?

Greebo likes this.
  13. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

They mentioned it on telly last night. Newsnight I think.

14. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen person of tinge

Vice magazine article was unsurprisingly sneering and patronising. Serves as a good reminder of what utter pricks they are.

15. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

The phrase reported widely last night was "no further police leave will be granted", which is a bit different - but you can see how someone who was imprecise, either constitutionally or through annoyance at having failed to book time off for the kid's birthday, would conflate the two.

Greebo and Pickman's model like this.
  16. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

17. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

Greebo likes this.
  18. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

this is the best quote

" I am poor also by the way but don’t blame thatcher, i blame the breweries ha ha"

wemakeyousoundb likes this.
  19. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

20. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

21. DRINK?

Some more beauts, could read these idiots all day

people forget she stood up to argentina who tried to take our land from us

"Love it! Agree completely with that description of those morons. The photos of this lot celebrating last night in Brixton say it all. Bunch of dirty, ugly, sad, no hopers in life. Probably mostly Urban75′ers from the look of them..

Have to say urban has a much more intelligent and erudite quality of posters

Greebo likes this.
  22. Pickman's model

and ime handsome.

Greebo likes this.
  23. DRINK?

goes without saying

Greebo and Pickman's model like this.
  24. peterkro

peterkro Greasin' on American Express card.

25. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

I've read that and really don't understand their justification for singling out of Barnados amongst a high street of mobile phone shops and corporate chains. On the whole they do amazing work. They have taken the view that their primary concern has to be the welfare of those already in detention and I'd be pretty surprised if they chose to abandon those currently in the hands of G4S in order to make a point against the principle of their detention.

It is not as if Barnados is not prepared to speak out against the PDA. Their chief executive:

Definitely not worthy of smashing up shop fronts (and looting if that occurred) and any message they claim to have been trying to make is lost in the occasion. Stupid little twats.

26. Frumious B.

It's a shame that the remarkably gentle TSG weren't interviewed. They could explain that 99.9% of the partygoers were peaceful and law-abiding. As with any street party a handful of opportunist miscreants will use the crowd as cover. But tbh the Thatcher death party was no different to a royal wedding street party. Try explaining that to the Daily Mail. :rolleyes:

I thought the TSG psychology was quite clever - officers in shirt sleeves, lots of small females in the front line, not a shield or baton in sight. They couldn't have been less provocative. They allowed a couple of dozen people to block a major arterial road, holding up all the buses for over an hour. They could have cleared the road quite easily but they let everyone have their fun, and there was lots of friendly chatting between officers and partygoers, big smiles everywhere you looked. It was all very carefully managed by a superintendent. Couldn't have been more different from the G20 with that brute Delroy Smellie. Anyone know whether this is a new policy? agricola?

27. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

nigel
    Posted April 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    Hi khristian, only uninformed or biaised people rejoiced, most people who hated her were workshy, lazy individuals who tried to hold our country to ransom through strike action. Basically communists, they are entitled to their opinion, but it shows the sort of people they are by doing this on somebody’s death……..a pictuer paints a thousand words. I am poor also by the way but don’t blame thatcher, i blame the breweries ha ha

:D :D :D

28. Frumious B.

Whoever rearranged the Ritzy lettering is a genius and deserves an OBE. Shame we can't put him forward because that would result in adding him to the Police list of "people to be arrested just in case."

29. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

You must come and see the Fat White Family when they play the Albert on the 31st May. :)

30. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

best video yet - well put together Soviet Films, whoever you are :)

mango5, cesare and TopCat like this.