Castle Rock. One for the Stephen King fans

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by InfoBurner, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:37 AM.

1. InfoBurner

InfoBurner Everything Is Under Control

I'm 3 episodes in and this series hasn't put a foot wrong. Set in Castle Rock and Shawshank prison, there's a great cast, Bill Skarsgård ( It), Sissy Spacek and Scott Glen. The script is tight, the dialogue very Kingesque, the mystery revealing itself at just the right pace.

Loads of name drops to previous King storeys, he's a producer along with JJ Abrahms. Of course I'm hoping it doesn't have a wacked out ending, like some of King's work but that tendency seems to have abated along with the booze and the sniff.

2. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

What can we watch it on?

InfoBurner likes this.
  3. InfoBurner

InfoBurner Everything Is Under Control

It's a Hulu streaming series, like The Handmaids tale. Yet to be picked up by a UK broadcaster but you'll find it on all the usual sites. 5 episodes released to date.

Me76 likes this.
  4. Ranu

Ranu Poster of the Weak

I've watched all 5 so far, it's excellent. It's like slow-release; explaining a little more each episode but at the same time revealing a little more mystery. Really well acted and written.