Carmarthing August 2019

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by JuanTwoThree, May 12, 2019.

1. JuanTwoThree

JuanTwoThree I care not for the wealth of Gyges

So existentialist and I had a vague plan for something quite low-key in August in Laugharne or Carmarthen or around there probably on Sat or Sun 17th/18th. Probably drink, drink, meal, sobering up walk or swim and not much else.

But
    any escalation into nightime beach barbecue and sleeping bags or suchlike or something completely different could happen if there's any uptake.

What about Pembrey toboggan and a bbq?[​IMG]

William of Walworth miss direct planetgeli mwgdrwg et al

If people were mad enough they could get to Carmarthen from London and points west by lunchtime, and if they had the spare cash to do it.

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 7:42 AM
    miss direct likes this.
  2. existentialist

existentialist There's gonna be moquette!

Definitely. And am happy to be local man-on-the-ground to enable/faciliate this.

I'll talk to some of my fellow Laugharne denizens to see what opportunities for guerilla-style camping there are, or there is a legit campsite up the road from me.

3. JuanTwoThree

Pembrey has an awesome beach but was only any good for the kind of mayhem and things we'd 'ahem' enjoy when it was a disused military area. Now it has a barbecue area, that toboggan, shops, parking fees and presumably wardens.

4. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

Oh I'll already have left Wales by then :(

5. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

I will give it thought, am often away in August and right now have something bigger to occupy my mind ( and wish I didn’t) but...it’s a maybe.

6. JuanTwoThree

2312530.jpg existentialist My research reveals that west from Pendine there are secluded beaches that people could tell you more about. Of course they are secluded because they are a fair bit from the road. Morfa Bychan is over a headland from Pendine and is the first of them. The pub up on the road is near where people would need to park and walk down. So there is a pub.
    Google Maps

On Weatherman Walking I saw sth about that bit of wall in the photo. It was built to be blown up by the allies when they were rehearsing for the Normandy landings

Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 2:27 PM
  7. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I'd really like to get involved with this, and you're proposing a lovely area :cool:.

But we'll be at my nephew's wedding in the far South West of England all of that weekend :(.

Have fun though, all those who can make it :)

8. JuanTwoThree

Pity. Do you mind tagging anybody you know of from around S Wales or further that might be interested? I don't know for example who are Bristolians but you might.

9. existentialist

As regards the guerilla thing, just to be a bit clearer, I was thinking more of chatting up one of the Laugharne Burgesses to see if someone had a field we could legitimately use as a campsite...it may not come to anything, particularly since there wouldn't be Facilities, but I thought I'd make enquiries.

10. 8ball

8ball Chipperer than average

It’s a braver man than I that invites ddraig to a barbecue. :D

existentialist likes this.
  11. JuanTwoThree

TBH the prospect of lugging stuff miles to be safe from the Bill and council workers was beginning to alarm me so something more civilised sounds far more sensible

kebabking and existentialist like this.
  12. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Please do not tag me in this thread, thanks
    Have fun if it happens

existentialist likes this.
  13. existentialist

Oh, it'll happen, and be an occasion of conviviality and good humour: consider yourself untagged, ddraig.