Cardiff: the best value side in the Prem 2018-19?

Discussion in 'football' started by stavros, Jun 29, 2019.

1. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

The thread title is partly to get attention to a more general post. I found the 2018-19 squad costs for all the twenty Premier League sides, and then compared this with the points they accumulated over the season:

Cost per point 2018-19.JPG

The couple of things to note are that the "best value" side were the cheapest, and got relegated.

The champions were the most expensive, and the second least value for money.

Is this further evidence that success is to a large extent bought, or is that reading too much into things?

2. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Is there a chart for the team with the most refs in its pockets v the least?
    VAR should make next season interesting. Too late for Cardiff though.

3. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I suspect that's a bit more subjective than the two variables my table looks at. That said, the cost column doesn't include ref pay-outs, or wages for that matter. I think Alexis Sanchez is counted as free for his transfer, as he was a swap for Mkhitaryan, for example.

4. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I think the bigger question is how the fuck did man utd manage to spend over £600m on that shite?

5. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

VAR has been called a lot of thing but interesting isnt one of them