Cardiff City - smaaaart and tidy Premiership thread, 2018-2019

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, Jun 19, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Back in blue and back in the top flight. Let's see how the redbluedragonbirds bluebirds fare!

2. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

Up for 4 season again!

Spring, Summer, Autumn and winter!

3. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Thats brilliant, and I've never heard it before!:facepalm:

Badgers likes this.
  4. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

It's the only football joke i know... well i have one more about Chris Waddel but it would probably go over your head.

nuffsaid, sealion and 1927 like this.
  5. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

Big game in Cornwall for Cardiff tomorrow night as they travel to the mighty Porthleven FC for a humbling experience at the home of the titans of the South-West Peninsula League Division One (West). I'm expecting lots of goals as these Premiership minnows come up against real opposition.

Kick Off 7:30. Gala Parc. It was four quid in last time I went.

Porthleven ready to take on Cardiff City in pre-season friendly | Falmouth Packet

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Are you going? Take pics if so!

7. Voley

I have one weird panorama for you where the ball's in it twice. Well you did ask! At least 9 leagues between Porthleven and Cardiff (by my reckoning, I could be wrong) so I think The Fishermen can be proud to put one past you. They did let 9 in the other end, mind, so the gulf showed. Enjoyable game, although Porthleven expected a better turnout, I think, as they'd laid on a VIP area and all sorts. I think the eight quid entry fee might've put people off - games at our level are three or four quid normally. I'm going to a pre-season friendly with my team, Penzance, against St Austell tomorrow night and it's two quid, for example. Still, a pleasant evening's football. You've a number 9 who nearly scored a proper bicycle-kick but was offside. He's one to watch. Tough, no-nonsense attacking midfielder (ETA: Lee Tomlin, just looked it up) impressed, too.

Porthleven Cardiff City.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    sealion, imposs1904 and editor like this.
  8. Voley

Guy I thought was really good is Rhys Healey. Had a hat-trick before half-time and scored four in total.

editor likes this.
  9. 1927

5 I think!

10. 1927

Pretty sure Tomlin has been told he can leave if he can anyone to have him. He was our star signing of last summer, from Bristol City, and spent second half of season on loan at Forest!

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Looks like they're heading for another one-season trip to the Premiership then.

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I hope I'm wrong but I did see a sub-Arsenal style flag waver being employed at the ground on Saturday?