Cardiff City 2017-8 season

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, Jul 20, 2017.

1. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

what is really irrational is stopping supporting a team you've supported all your life because they wear a different colour shirt.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Ah, the classic dishonest misrepresentation tactic.

I wrote about the reasons I gave up on Cardiff, and the shirt was never the sole reason. But you knew that anyway.

3. sealion

sealion Conscientious selector

In many cases you get hooked as kid. That first time with your dad is the one that gets you. I never chose my team, it chose me.

Maggot and ffsear like this.
  4. 1927

Did i refer to you?

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I don't see my experiences as being particularly singular.

6. spacemonkey

spacemonkey I Love Noodles

Haven't been on Urban much in years....glad to see the thread hasn't changed. :D

I don't really see this being debated/talked about at all anymore IRL. Every single one of my mates who was pissed off (myself included) is honestly just over it now. Football is all absolutely pointless and irrational anyway, soap opera for adults.:p Seriously though, as I see it, as distasteful as some of the support for Red was, there were many more on the other side that vehemently protested it. At no point have I ever really given a shit what every city fan thinks. At least a quarter of them are absolute bellends, I could never bring myself to care what their opinions are on anything quite frankly. Of all the reasons I hated the shirt change, the fact that some people backed it just doesn't even register. Just my opinion of course.

Anyway, I've just been enjoying going to regular games again and this season has felt more like the city of old than ever before.

The atmosphere was amazing on Tuesday night, football was sublime (that third goal was delicious), and stuffing Leeds hasn't got any less fun.

Bring on Derby! :)

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm wanting City to do well again and I'm pleased to see them top of the league. I don't think they'll ever be my #1 team again (that slot has now been reserved for Hamlet) but I'll go along with my family to see them if they're going next time I'm up.

I suspect the experience might be a bit like seeing an ex girlfriend for the first time after a long time and wondering if you're still going to fancy them or not :D

8. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

Got a massive freeb for the Middleborough game today. First Bloobirds game I've attended in years. Fuck me but it was dire fayre, not helped by the fact that they were playing a Pulis coached team. Swear to god that the ball spent more time in the air than it did on the ground: absolutely zero attempt to actually play football. They even lumped it skywards in the final quarter of the pitch. Awful, awful 'football' but evidently pretty successful given they're second.

Decent noise from the stand that replaced the Bob Bank, whatever it's called. Loads of empty seats still, however, which for a team vying for second is surprising. Looks like Tan's little exercise in autocracy is still having rebounds.

9. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

So what do you lot think about Warnock?

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He's done an excellent job and if he manages to get them into the Premiership it will be one hell of an achievement. Shame they wobbled so horrendously last night, but it's still theirs for the taking.

*disclaimer: I can't speak for CCFC fans.

sealion and Maggot like this.
  11. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And I'm sure Palace fans have never hated a manager or a player before swiftly revising their opinion when they turned out to be a hit for the club.

sealion likes this.
  13. mod

mod A modernist

Saturday could possibly be the first time we (Fulham) have genuinely been 2nd all season. On equal games played. Here's hoping you continue what was a very public, nervous breakdown last night.

sealion likes this.
  14. sealion

sealion Conscientious selector

I dislike him, most football supporters do, i wouldn't have minded him at our place though. He actually said he regrets not taking up an offer to manage us.

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Who would have thought it? Cardiff back in the Premiership, but this time without the circus in tow. Well done City!

Y Dychrynllyd and sealion like this.
  16. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Glad for the fans but can't stand Warnock whatsoever.

17. spacemonkey

spacemonkey I Love Noodles

Fantastic season. Felt like we did it properly this time. Really enjoyed the game yesterday, some great singing, good party atmosphere towards the end.

Credit to everyone at the club, seemed to have really turned things around.

18. 1927

What he has done off the field since he's been here has been incredible, the whole club has a completely different atmosphere to it from top to bottom. I hated him, said i'd walk away if he became out manager, and I did, but he's brought me and many others around!