Cardiff City 2014-2015

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Clint Iguana

Clint Iguana not an undercover cop

Still playing in red away

2. editor

editor Forked with electrons

But they didn't buy an away kit, did they?

3. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

So, you going to go back now editor? Or has Dulwich Hamlet taken that place in your heart?

4. editor

I'm afraid the whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth and all of what I wrote last year holds true:

I'm not interested in all seater stadiums, paying £30+ for a ticket, not being able to watch the game with a pint in my hand, being pushed about by coppers and stewards and all the rest of the shit that comes with higher league football. So yep, it's Hamlet all the way for me. :)

tommers likes this.
  5. editor

This is a what a friend posted elsewhere:
    I agree.

6. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

I didn't care whether we unified behind red or blue so long as we unified.

It's taken too long and we've become damaged goods. I doubt we'll ever meet the potential that thought we had. We're just too much trouble. Our own worse enemy often.

I've run out of emotional investment. Been on the roller coaster too long. Fallen out of love. Not cared about results one way or the other. Someone else can have my place on the insanity bench that is being a football fanatic.

7. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

match and celebration may not go ahead due to high winds and dodgy roof!

8. Clint Iguana

Clint Iguana not an undercover cop

I went down today, after many years as a season ticket holder, this was my first game of the season. After marching for blue and helping to run meetings, I felt I had to go. There was a frisson of excitement at the beginning and it felt good to be back, but that soon disappeared. It is what I have hoped for and dreamed of for two and a half years, but it has come too late. It was like getting back together with a lover that I had spent a long time getting over. The love has gone. The band is back together, but I have moved on from the scene.

editor likes this.
  9. editor

Oh dear. Another home defeat and goodbye FA Cup.

10. editor

Cardiff slump to another home defeat and are only seven points clear of the relegation spot. And off the pitch:

11. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

I applaud them for the decision not to pay the Lebanese crook!

12. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

The club president? That guy?

editor and Clint Iguana like this.
  13. editor

I like this from the 1927 Club facebook page:

14. editor

I see City are now just six points from the drop zone.

15. editor

16. Y Dychrynllyd

Y Dychrynllyd CPD Pentrefan Dulwich

Perhaps it's just paying tribute to this most influential of Welsh institutions?

[​IMG]

17. editor

A=There's lots of talk on City forums about how Cardiff fans should accept this compromise.

Why the fuck should the badge of Wales have to be 'compromised' into a sausage dog/ferret?

bendeus likes this.
  18. Gromit

As a Dulwich Hamlet FC supporter why are you reading the Cardiff city forums and worrying about another club's badge?

The moment they stated that the new badge would have a nod towards Tan's heritage it was blatantly obvious an oriental dragon was on the way. My only surprise is how ugly the shield shape is and that horrible red inner border.

Reminds me of the Sam Hamman crest which looked rather 'franchise' with 'Bluebirds' slogan and no mention of Cardiff anywhere.

19. Gromit

Just discussing the new crest with a friend. They could have had the Welsh dragon AND the other dragon. No reason why they couldn't have had both. Everyone would have gotten what they wanted.

Why do they never think these thing through properly?

20. editor

Oh, I don't know. I cant think of any reason why I'd be interested in what's happening to my hometown club or wanting to comment on my country's emblem being mangled up.

:facepalm:

ddraig likes this.
  21. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

or..............

22. editor

I'm sure there's a brilliant point in the somewhere.

23. Favelado

It was a gentle reference to other things that might be consumed by DHFC supporters during the game. Does that count as trolling? I do feel a bit compelled to tease DHFC a bit. I'll stop when I get anywhere being sent to the naughty step.

24. editor

That was so gentle it had as much impact as a moth fluttering by. :D

25. Favelado

Blackpool are this year's Cardiff. I'm off to the Championship thread.

26. editor

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32138769

27. Gromit

Unsurprising really. If you start a cost cutting exercise on your squad you will lose bums on seats. Conflicting business strategy to spurge on stadium capacity whilst cutting on the thing that people pay to see (whilst alienating half your fan base with a stubborn refusal to reverse a branding decision until its well too late).

Tan had the opportunity and resources to do something with the club and he's pretty much fucked it up.

28. editor

You'll also lose bums on seats if you embark on a whimsical, ego-driven rebranding campaign that is guaranteed to alienate and upset a large chunk of your fanbase...

29. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

editor likes this.