1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canterbury Arms, Brixton to be turned into flats - planning application

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by colacubes, Feb 28, 2013.

1. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

WTF?

I don't understand these documents at all. One seems to say that because of the size of the site (too small?) it doesn't even need an Environmental Impact Assessment. Although going from a proposed 9 storeys to "approximately" (got to love that vagueness) 20 seems like a pretty large environmental impact to me.

Also, does "finally disposed of" mean "no, Council says you cannot do this", or "Council folds its hands and says do what the hell you like it's none of our business"?

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's seems ironic that this development seems to be following the template of Pop Brixton. Tell people you're doing one thing and then turn it into something completely different. I wasted my time going along to the consultations for the original proposals and now they're trying to build something that has no relation to the original designs.

CH1 likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. Rexer60

Rexer60 New Member

Used to drink there for 6 years or so. I remember one of the barman (Kevin?) being imprisoned for a rape/murder in Streatham. His dad also worked there.