Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can I find out who keeps impersonating someone by email?

Ah... is it a google mail? US google doesn't use any dots in its addresses but UK does. If you have a dot in your uk google name then sometimes it confuses anyone in the US with the same name (and no dot), you get their mail. Well something like this happened to a friend and it wasn't hacking just fuck up.
That's not actually true. Dots are ignored on gmail. borisjohnson@gmail.com is the same as boris.johnson@gmail.com.

JimW

支那暗杀团
Wouldn't this come under wire fraud in the US which is a felony and a federal offence, think she could get the big guns in on it.

skyscraper101

0891 50 50 50
For a while, I kept getting someone's Uber taxi journeys sent to one of my email addresses because they were using my firstname.surname@gmail.com when I clearly owned the same 'firstnamesurname' - took ages to sort out.

I've also been sent correspondence about chamber choir practice in America, and once got copied into a family argument.

There must've been a point where it was possible to have the firstname.surname thing while someone else has the same without the dot.

JimW

支那暗杀团
For a while, I kept getting someone's Uber taxi journeys sent to one of my email addresses because they were using my firstname.surname@gmail.com when I clearly owned the same 'firstnamesurname' - took ages to sort out.

I've also been sent correspondence about chamber choir practice in America, and once got copied into a family argument.

There must've been a point where it was possible to have the firstname.surname thing while someone else has the same without the dot.
I had a period of getting loads of stuff from SUV dealers and realtors in the mid-west US, seems to have died off now thank God. If I was more nefarious might have been able to swindle something out of that.

JimW

支那暗杀团
I went through a period of getting random stuff from estate agents in small places in the US too but it also went away eventually.
Was yours about picking up a car you'd bought etc though? Seemed bit slack to give a wrong address when you've just dropped several grand.

farmerbarleymow

Seagull + Chips = Happy Seagull
Was yours about picking up a car you'd bought etc though? Seemed bit slack to give a wrong address when you've just dropped several grand.
No, think it was just about house sales and deeds and stuff. But likewise, it seems odd that someone would give the wrong address and not follow it up when they don't hear anything. The companies looked geniune enough when I looked them up, but you never know with these things.

two sheds

Least noticed poster 2007
That sounds good - stressing the age of your aunt and that they tried to play on the death of her husband.

mauvais

change has become unavoidable
thank you! It worked - i think. Has come out with a bunch of info which of course i don't have any idea how to interpret. Does include an ip address which is apparently in california 🧐 will that be the culprits IP? (aunt does not live in california).
GMail sent from the Web interface doesn't include real IPs, for privacy reasons, so you're seeing a Google IP instead of the individual's.