1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Can anyone help me get my head round flickr licensing?

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by sim667, Jul 11, 2017.

1. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

So I've been meaning to look at my flickr licensing a while. But I'm finding it a little confusing.

I want it so that people can request to license on flickr, which I think can be done using the creative commons licensing on there, so was going to set to "Attribution Creative Commons" on my images.

Apparently then if someone wants to license I'll get an email from them asking for permission, but will this include a fee, or will it just assume I'll allow licensing for free?

2. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

3. sim667

Hmmmmm.......

I thought there was a way you could license it through CC with a fee.....

4. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

CC is about providing conditions where people don't have to request (or pay) to licence - like if you give attribution, or it's non-commercial etc. I guess you could still pay to licence a CC photo if you didn't want to fulfil those conditions, but I've never seen any system for that on Flickr.

There used to be a Flickr Marketplace thing where people could pay to licence images but they closed that. Flickr Marketplace image licensing program shuttered

5. sim667

Ah thats frustrating....... I think I've just got confused then.

6. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

sim667 likes this.