Camberwell news and chitter-chatter

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by mango5, Nov 13, 2009.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So what are you saying here? That no one should ever party again until there's peace on the streets?

Just come out and say it if that's what you think.

sealion and Maggot like this.
  2. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Not sure why this response to someone raising an important local issue is being rammed home.

I think GarveyLives is expressing a fair perspective on how invisible recent tragic events are to many Camberwellians including me. He added a sour note to our chitter-chatter. We have only been mildly chastised.

It's possible there's other beef I don't know about but I'd rather not see it escalate here. editor your question is ridiculous.

alcopop and friendofdorothy like this.
  3. TruXta

TruXta tired

It's that he does this everywhere and never bothers to actually comment or bring his own pov, rather preferring the copy paste of someone else's work.

4. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

I've been in there once.

I don't remember a lot about it, which suggests it's neither terrible nor amazing.

For non-pretentious dinner in Camberwell I like the Greek place.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Perhaps you should look up his posting history. He does this often. I might post up some photos from one of my nights and he'll respond with another cut and paste of some unrelated tragic incident. I'm not sure what else I can infer from his posts.

6. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

I certainly didn't read it as no-one should enjoy themselves ever. Regardless of intention, all the sniping seems ineffective. Anyways, this is tonight

[​IMG]

7. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

friendofdorothy likes this.
  8. hungry_squirrel

hungry_squirrel Well-Known Member

Ahh, I saw this too late. Do you know if anything interesting was said?

9. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

No I'm out of town at the moment. Will ask around.

10. drachir

drachir Well-Known Member

This place is opening where Queen's was: Home

£12.50 burgers and one vegetarian option; I can see this going well

editor likes this.
  11. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Another ill-thought out wally to replace Mike and Ollie? :(
    The Lorem Ipsum 'about' section is entertaining :)

hungry_squirrel and BoxRoom like this.
  12. hungry_squirrel

hungry_squirrel Well-Known Member

That menu is just so insipid and uninspiring...

editor likes this.
  13. teuchter

I just came across this -

Will be a familiar voice for many readers of this thread I imagine...

sealion likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Not surprising really. The trains are already rammed, the recent timetable change clusterfuck will take ages to smooth out, and TfL have no business interest and tightly squeezed coffers.

One day, maybe, but not soon.

16. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

I'm quite pleased tbh, overcrowded trains aren't going to help anyone. I also am glad the Bakerloo is going down the Old Kent Road, serving areas which I think are more in need of extra transport and offers a handy link to the Ginger line at Queens Road Peckham. I never thought the Camberwell station idea was serious and the consultation/feasibility a sop. A minority view I know.

I'm more bothered about increasing capacity at Denmark Hill Station, proposed upcoming cuts to bus services in the area (eg 45 no longer running to King's Cross) and traffic management problems (including cycling and walking routes).

17. wtfftw

wtfftw Well-Known Member

What's the camberwell bus to bakerloo extension situation? *goes to look*

18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Probably easier getting the current buses that already go to elephant castle.

mango5 likes this.
  19. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

This place is very good. Went on a tuesday evening and it was full which immediately indicates in quality and popularity.

Main dishes such as pasta and pizza around £7 with more complicated stuff going up accordingly, authentic Italian waiters and delicious Italian food. I feel quite lucky to live so near to somewhere like this!

20. wtfftw

wtfftw Well-Known Member

Walworth Road. :(

I think the 42 should continue down Albany Road instead of east end of East Street. :hmm::thumbs:

21. teuchter

Certainly need to do something about denmark hill. I don't quite know how they managed to build a new station entrance and fail to provide the necessary capacity. The whole thing is remarkably badly designed. Network Rail have no idea about good design, almost everything they do is bad.

22. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Not that bad, and you suggested the prices won't hit you hard.

Warning - if you fancy a starter then you may not be able to finish your main. Also and I know it sounds silly considering the cuisine but the pasta dishes are the best