Camberwell news and chitter-chatter

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by mango5, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

I'm moving this weekend (fingers crossed) and that'll be my new route to work.

2. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

probably quicker to walk from camberwell to brixton...

3. Onket

I'm moving to Peckham.

4. sir.clip

sir.clip Well-Known Member

There a three churches on that strip already...

I'd miss the bingo crowd..

5. Onket

:D x several

How old are you?

6. *Miss Daisy*

*Miss Daisy* Suck a Big Hairy....

:cool: I had a lovely sunday dinner in The Sun & Doves the other week - quite a nice pub is that in Camberwell?

7. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

Indeed!

Had one there the last Sunday. They do good roasts. Consistently good there too.

8. Onket

Thanks for letting us know you were around. :mad: etc

:D

9. *Miss Daisy*

:)Rather lush I thought - I was there not sunday gone but the sunday before - I spoke to some bloke with a dog :cool:

10. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

11. *Miss Daisy*

:D sorry dude :oops:

It's a friends local foody place:cool:

12. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

If it's the fella I'm thinking of he's all right isn't he! There's generally a good crowd of people in there, never seen any trouble... yet!

13. *Miss Daisy*

:) He seemed ok - think I've seen him a few times, he thought i was the police at first:confused::(

Dog is called Angel i think

14. Onket

15. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

Mmm, the photos really don't do it justice I guess. Point agreed! :)

16. Onket

:D

17. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Certainly is!

18. boohoo

boohoo No.

19. boohoo

boohoo No.

Went to Loughborough junction arty thing - was enjoyable though it did start to rain. I use to work and live in the area so have explored the back streets alot - still -it was a good exhibition.

20. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Is that our very own BoxRoom I see joining in? :D

21. se5

se5 Well-Known Member

The whole point about Loughborough Junction is that it is not Camberwell - it is a place between Brixton and Camberwell that feels marginalised and overshadowed by its neighbours so the exhibition is one stage of building consciousness of Loughborough Junction.

22. HateCamberwell

HateCamberwell Banned Banned

Yeah. More "don't lump us in with that shithole Camberwell, we're better than that!"

Talk about holes, Gala bingo is in the worst cesspit around. What a dump. My mate claims it will be the new Ministry of Sound since they are shutting down in Elephant. Want it be a laugh watchin' drug dazed clubbers exiting into urban 'vibrancy' in the wee hours.

23. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

What do you love, hatecaberwell? All this negativism is downing my aura.

24. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

We tried to go to the new tapas place on Wednesday - Angels and Gypsies. Unfortunately I am unable to report back because it was absolutely rammed, and no table to be had until 9.30pm. :eek: So we went to Caravaggio instead - I love the old school waiters there. :cool:

25. sir.clip

sir.clip Well-Known Member

Gala bingo is a good. Its social & just a nice place to meet people. (I bet you have never been).
    And there are plenty of drug crazed folk in camberwell exiting the Maudsley & other unlicensed drug establishments all day long.

26. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

That's a shit church, as far as I know. Sunday mornings on that stretch will be fun then, with the various worshippers coming and going. However, I suspect the bingo-ers might have a better idea of it's next use than your mate's speculations.

27. se5

se5 Well-Known Member

It will be a great shame if it becomes a church or is redeveloped into private housing as that will be a loss to the Camberwell community.

I suppose the site might be redeveloped as a supermarket - I believe Sainsburys or Tesco wanted to open one on the site of the bus garage near there about 5-10 years ago and set about buying up the freeholds of places nearby to allow a bigger site to be developed/ to allow access but TfL then changed their minds and wanted to keep it as a bus garage and also retain the option of redeveloping it as Camberwell station. Not sure what the current state of play is on that.

28. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen person of tinge

The food at Caravaggio is fit,esp the gnocci.

We tried the Silk Road the other day was suprisingly nice but not so good for veggies.

Has anyone tried Su Thai on Coldharbour yet? Def recommend it! The tofu in red curry sauce with lime was one of the best meals out I've had in a while :)

29. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Silk Road is great. Thanks for the tip about Su Thai - will give it a go soon.

30. rennie

rennie m'enfin!

Toilet attendants? I hate places who have them. Awful. :mad: