Camberwell news and chitter-chatter

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by mango5, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

It's on the BBC website
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8505464.stm

2. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

Keeping fingers crossed! Would be good to have a decent pub in such a visible location.

3. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Phew! They are keeping the name as 'The Tiger' and it is expected to open on the 25th. Nice to have a refurb and a welcome visual addition to the main drag - let's see if it turns out to be a decent pub. It appears to be owned by this lot. Solid Sarf London, but the only other of those places I know is the Dog Star and it's a different kettle of fish entirely.

4. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

It'll have those people lurking in the toilets trying to bully money out of you then.

5. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

Try the EDT ot the Jam Circus near me, closer to their usual

Know some of the guys in the management, generally pretty sound, want a decent pub with some decent food - everyone of them make their stuff on the premises, not boil in the bag, shocking really......:cool:

6. se5

se5 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm hopeful that it will be a good addition to the Camberwell scene - its a very prominent visible position in camberwell town centre and so shouild bring benefits for the whole local area

7. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

8. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

That looks cool. Anyone up for popping along tomorrow?

9. HateCamberwell

HateCamberwell Banned Banned

This is choice. An exhibition featuring the people living in LJ?! Seriously?! No doubt millions of people will travel from all over the world to have a gander.

If you wanna see the 'beautiful people' of Loughborough Junction, just go hang out under the rail bridge (look for giant sign 'insert enema here' and watch your head in case god finally gets round to sorting the place out).

10. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

There's always The Hero!

p.s. "NB: Information about this pub is incomplete as it has not been visited by a member of the beerintheevening.com team" . . . who survived.

11. Maggot

How will an enema affect your head? I suspect you don't know your head from your arse.

12. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Bit of background to the exhibition. HateCamberwell appears to be avoiding the point spectacularly.

13. HateCamberwell

Please everyone support the Laughboro Junction raise our houseprices amid the shit exhibition.

Happy?

14. sir.clip

sir.clip Well-Known Member

Typical LJ entrepreneur.

15. Maggot

Went to the exhibition today and really enjoyed it. Some great portraits and saw parts of the area I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Didin't get a quiz sheet cos it was so popular they had all been taken.

and thumbs up for the Cambria - a top pub!

16. HateCamberwell

You do have to give them credit.

The title says WE ARE LOUBOROUGH JUNCTION. What is means is what it doesn't say WE ARE NOT CAMBERWELL.

Very clever rebranding. Can only help. It really isn't Camberwell, though they are both shit.

Oh, my mum went. She loved it. Deluded.

17. boohoo

boohoo No.

you are a little ray of sunshine on this thread....:rolleyes::D

18. Maggot

Your user name and all your posts are about how much you hate Camberwell (and Loughborough Junction). Do you do anything else? It's bad for your health to be so negative.

19. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

Are you 12 yet?

20. Onket

Just let him/her have his/her moan. I'm finding the comments mildly amusing, tbh, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

21. Maggot

22. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

It looks like a nice idea - using the area to showcase people from the area, maybe :hmm: Like the photos. Glad they had the weather for it.

23. sir.clip

sir.clip Well-Known Member

I think Gala Bingo is closing this Sunday.
    All the ladies say its to become a church..

24. HateCamberwell

My mum had a right strop when dad asked about her day out at the exhibition with the Camberwellblogian Guardianistas. They are the group who regularly try to stick up for the downtrodden ‘diversity’ of Camberwell (the cast of Shameless) but draw the line at wine not perfectly chilled wine and tapas not true to a particular region of Spain. “Boris the bufoon doesn’t understand the working class!!” “That cut of ham is not truly Basque!!” And of course to be a member of the true brigade you must cycle AND you must call for the end of capitalism, or you aren’t a true cyclist.

Gala Bingo will be a huge loss. Not. A new church will bring hope to the downtrodden diversity. Maybe a worship hall for those who follow the religion of the green agenda? You think the smoke smell was bad, wait till it’s packed with hippies working up a sweat but wearing no deoderant.

25. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Perhaps it becoming a church will be a good thing for you, HateCamberwell...you could do with some light in your life....it must be exhausting for you being so perpetually cross.

26. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

Am not appreciating no busses along Coldharbour Lane at the moment. How many weeks is this going on for? Gah.
    If I wasn't so lazy it wouldn't matter!

27. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Mythological Mermaid and the Magical Camber Well

Nice bit of historical trivia, I heard about it at the Myatts Fields refurb event lsat year and only just remembered it.

28. Onket

Bugger.

How is that affecting the 345? Anyone know?

29. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/buses/default.html

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/information.asp?incident=1058491_TfL

30. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

I'm on a 345 right now, going up Denmark Hill rather than CHL. Doing a grand tour of Herne Hill. Alright when the traffic is flowing like now, but probably adds 30 mins to the route in peak hours.