Buying a Christmas tree in Brixton, Dec 2019

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Dec 1, 2019.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm putting together another article for Buzz so would appreciate some local knowledge.

So far, I've seen trees for sale at the stall on the corner of Electric Ave/Brixton Road, and the flower stall opposite the station.

There's also Pines and Needles in Brockwell Park but I'm not sure how many others from last year are selling.

Help appreciated!

2. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl All lost in the supermarket

Brought one from outside the tube today, my first ever real tree - I feel like I've finally 'made it's as an adult.
    Not sure how to review. It is indeed a tree. Very tree-like.

3. Marka17

Marka17 New Member

Elaine who runs the florist in Herne Hill is selling them. Range was something like £20-£50 I think.

editor likes this.
  4. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm not after reviews - just locations!

5. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

The wedding florists which has set up in the former German&Swedish car parts store on Acre Lane - ie directly opposite Tesco car park - has trees in stock and were selling well from Saturday onward

editor likes this.
  6. editor

editor hiraethified

Is it this place?
    Blossom and Threads

7. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Not sure - looks right but the one I'm talking about is sited a block closer in to the High St - on what's marked on that map as 'GSF car parts' - not sure if it's Google Maps or the FB site that's wrong, or if these are really 2 different places, will check out tomorrow

editor likes this.
  8. editor

editor hiraethified

9. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl All lost in the supermarket

Disappointed that my insightful tree-based observations did not make the final edit.

editor likes this.
  10. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Checked - yes, it's the same place, 34 Acre Lane, next to Topps Tiles at number 32. - Google maps fail.

11. minutes_to_go

minutes_to_go Member