1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burgess Hill Town 1-1 Hamlet, Saturday 7th April

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Bloody railway engineering works again. No trains between Three Bridges and Brighton it's a replacement bus service. Bloody sick of this now, it feels like a weekly occurrence.

2. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Ffs every pissing week we travel there’s engineering works. This one is a 38 minute journey on a bus from Three Bridges to Wivelsfield. Journies via Southern are crap at the best of times, so this just makes it worse. I could drive but somewhat defeats the object of going and enjoying a pint or two. Might give this one a miss now.

3. Pink Panther

That's 6 consecutive afternoon games now, including today's postponement and Friday's abandonment. And we only dodged it at Billericay and Lowestoft because those games were called off. At least we're ok for the remainder of the season after this one.

4. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Big turn out for this - would be great

1 hour 15 mins by car allegedly - well according to AA

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  5. Scottfield

Scottfield Member

A real shame, They were in the process of widening the platfom and building a wee shelter at Wivelsfield last season and I was really looking forward to seeing what the completed works looked like.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm doing a bloody radio session so can't make this FFS. It would have been remotely possible if the trains weren't buggered.

7. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

Burgess hill beat Wingate 3–1 tonight.. something we haven’t managed to do this season. Also puts them out of relegation on goal difference

8. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

East Croydon to three Bridges and then the bus for me.

9. Pink Panther

Trains to Three Bridges from London Bridge, Blackfriars and Victoria, all calling at East Croydon. Buses to Wivelsfield are every 10 minutes from the station car park, around the corner to the left on leaving Three Bridges station. Bus journey is scheduled for 38 minutes, so you probably want to arrive at Three Bridges no later than 1.45pm.

The ground is only a few hundred yards from Wivelsfield station, which is the station before Burgess Hill itself.

Brighton are at home so I'm leaving straight after the match to avoid any delays and congestion on the buses back.

10. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

I was intending to go to the Watermill by Wivelsfield station for some poor quality Bar Billiards pre-match action but it's currently closed for refurbishment (although the article says it should be open in seven days from mid-February I just called them and confirmed it's still closed).

Next nearest pub is The Windmill along the main road past the ground, but based on their extremely primitive website it looks an absolute shocker.

11. Pink Panther

Never been but friends who went a few years back weren't impressed. BHT clubhouse has always been decent enough, normally has a local ale on handpump.

Noss likes this.
  12. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Member

Can't make this one - I'm in Stockholm. Any good shouts for a ground to visit?

Mishi, I'm looking at you!

13. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I've never actually been to Sweden. So no looking at me! ;)

If you're on FB I'd suggest asking Laurence Reade, who is involved in regular annual hops to Sweden.

14. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Noss and Pink Panther like this.
  15. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

The regionalised Swedish Second Division (tier 4) starts its 2018 season tomorrow and there are a few games in the Stockholm suburbs. If you’re genuinely interested in going to a game I’ll look into it. I’ve been to a few grounds at this level - think SCEFL in front of 100 people.

16. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Member

Thanks Man! I'm staying with friends in Huddinge - they're at home tomorrow at five. Was also thinking about Djugurgden at home on Sunday. Do you know much about Huddinge?

17. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

I’m afraid not. They have a bewildering website if your Swedish is good: Huddinge IF

All I could gather from that was they play in black and yellow stripes, their ground has a capacity of 2,500 and they seem to have about 40 teams in different leagues.

18. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I will be selling tickets for the Trust / 12th man fundraiser at the EDT next Saturday today.

Tickets are £3 including free coach transfer to venue after the game.

I'll also have my fanzine and 2
    new stickers for sale. All proceeds to the 12th Man

19. Pink Panther

Tangara in goal, Edwards joining the pre-match warm-up. Acheampong, Carew and Dumaka all on the bench.

20. Pink Panther

1-0 Clunis 15 minutes.

21. Pink Panther

HT 1-0. Well on top. We've had enough chances to be out of sight although their keeper has made several good saves.

22. Pink Panther

1-1 58 minutes. I think that was their first real chance. We could easily have been four or five ahead.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Bugger. We've now slipped to the third slot.

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

In fact, everyone is currently winning in the top five apart from us :(

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

1-1 it is then. On the bright side, Billericay could only manage a draw too :D

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's still very much up for grabs:

2018-04-07_170133.jpg

27. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Missed opportunity that, Folkestone looking good! Big 3 games next week. 9 points needed if we are to have a realistic chance of taking this all the way!!

28. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Quick reminder that we were playing the second worst team in the league, before we get excited about Billericay drawing.

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Enfield are in 18th place so it's notable that Billericay are struggling against teams that their playing budget should see them easily sweep aside. Add in the self -destruct sending off/yellow cards and things look better all the time.

30. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Still all to play for at this stage of the season!

Lucy Fur likes this.