Burger Thread. Yes!

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Yetman, Aug 29, 2012.

1. bubblesmcgrath

bubblesmcgrath Well-Known Member

That looks shit...:(

Badgers likes this.
  2. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Not convinced about Yorkshire Pudding. Think it would go soggy, but I like the concept.

Badgers likes this.
  3. bubblesmcgrath

Now that is a proper burger
    :D:D:D

Badgers likes this.
  4. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

I like my chips to be chunky and all, but I've had roast potatoes smaller than those!

5. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy Banned

Tucked into a cheeseburger with the works from Bunsen, after the races yesterday. I must have looked very amusing, wolfing down a burger in my fur, satin and sheepskin! :D:cool::thumbs:

Badgers and bubblesmcgrath like this.
  6. bubblesmcgrath

Sounds like a lovely outfit... was it vintage?

Badgers likes this.
  7. Cheesypoof

I don't think any of it was real vintage: the rabbit fur was sold to me by my mates sister, the Isabelle silk headband is from Hong Kong, and the boots are Australian UGGs. I teamed it with a white leopard print coat with shiny black buttons (think I got it in TK Maxx many moons ago).

Badgers and bubblesmcgrath like this.
  8. bubblesmcgrath

Bet it looked lovely.
    It sounds very nice.

Cheesypoof and Badgers like this.
  9. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

Byron burgers is rumoured to be in trouble - the Glasgow branch was closed suddenly on 4th January. Other branches being considered according to Evening Express newspaper (Aberdeen publication).

pogofish and Badgers like this.
  10. Cheesypoof

Had Wowburger tonight! The burger was succulent and juicy, with excellent wowburger sauce, pickles, plastic cheese and iceberg lettuce, while the garlic butter fries were crunchy on the outside, fluffy in the middle. The caramel milkshake was best of all. A sensational taste experience! And only €12.50 for the lot. :thumbs:

wowburger.jpg

11. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

Mrs SFM is partial to a “posh” burger but I’m a BK Cheeseburger purist. Most will probably disagree but I think that the essence and purpose of a burger is cheap quick food on the move and once it becomes impossible to pick up and eat with one hand it ceases to serve that function and it’s just pieces of cooked meat piled up inside a woefully inadequately sized bun. Mind you, if you’ve got massive hands and a mouth that opens to a terrifying size then the posh burger might actually be a practical snack on the go ;)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  12. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

Made the mistake of trying a 'Five Guys' burger when I was in town after my last physio appointment.

Big, soggy and tasteless I'm afraid. The 'grilled onions' were anything but and they made it a cheeseburger when I'd only ordered a plain. Even the addition of cheese couldn't save it.

The chips however were excellent and even the smallest portion was a good solid feed but at thirteen-odd quid for a drippy-burger and chips, I doubt I'll be back.

SpookyFrank, Badgers and equationgirl like this.
  13. equationgirl

I wasn't impressed when I tried five guys either, to be honest.

Badgers and pogofish like this.
  14. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

The other thing that pissed me off was that it was too soggy to eat one-handed - which was an important factor when I had an arm out of comission. Every time I took a bite, at last as much fell-off as went in my mouth, so I had to pick a lot of it from the bag, which at least I'd spread out.

Badgers and seeformiles like this.
  15. equationgirl

I recall doing the same thing, and had spread the bag out too, as you say just as well as it went everywhere.

Haven't been back, much prefer local guys bread meats bread to be honest. Really good.

Badgers and pogofish like this.
  16. If it hasn't been mentioned yet, anyone in or near Bristol has to try Oowee, the burgers are amazing but also the dirty fries are next level.

Big Cheese burger with Chicken Kiev Fries standard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ringo, Artaxerxes, Badgers and 3 others like this.
  17. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Anywhere that sells 'dirty fries' gets a hard no from me.

Badgers likes this.
  18. You are seriously missing out if you don't want buttermilk fried chicken, mozzarella and honey mustard on top of garlic butter coated fries.

Chz and Badgers like this.
  19. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

Yeah all this 'dirty burger' and 'dirty fries' bollocks just makes me think of poor hygiene practices :facepalm:

What's a 'hard no' as opposed to a 'regular no' SpookyFrank? :hmm: Is it something like a 'dirty no'?

Badgers and seeformiles like this.
  20. TruXta

TruXta tired

More dirt for me then :thumbs:

Badgers likes this.
  21. SpookyFrank

It's a no without the possibility of any amount of persuasion, cajoling or altering of parameters turning it into a yes at any point in the future.

22. SpookyFrank

Fries (n) (US): Shit chips.

Badgers likes this.
  23. TruXta

TruXta tired

Methinks the person doth protest too much.

Badgers likes this.
  24. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

It’s an awful expression - “dirty” should bugger back off to hipster world :mad:

Badgers likes this.
  25. UnderAnOpenSky

That looks epic. Sadly I'm the wrong end of the country.

fishfinger and Badgers like this.
  26. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

I'm ok with the term "dirty"
    But not in the way they use it. For me it is reserved for things like a doner kebab. Or the sort of burger you'd get from a van in a dual carriageway's layby.

27. UnderAnOpenSky

Yeah, that rings true for me. I've had some awesomeness basic food van burgers, partly because my expectations start low so I can be pleasantly suprised.

If I'm paying a tenner plus for a burger I expect it to be dam good.

Badgers likes this.
  28. equationgirl

Oh wow, that looks good. Want.

Badgers likes this.
  29. equationgirl

Going to new branch of bread meats bread tomorrow evening, will try to remember to take photos for thread.

Badgers and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  30. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Cajuns have been cooking authentic (and delicious) "dirty rice" for many decades before hipsters began to soil their fries.

ringo, pogofish, Badgers and 2 others like this.