Bulb

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Matt The Cab, May 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM.

1. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

I know that a few fans have switched over to the above. Now apart from the obvious, that being a £50 payment to the 12th man fund are there any pluses?

Is it easy to do?

How are people finding it?

#askingforadad

2. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

I did it. Very easy. From what I can tell it's a bit cheaper than my current supplier too.

3. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Really easy, give them your details and give them and your current supplier a meter reading when asked a few days later. They do the rest. I have an £150 sign up link if you are interested.

4. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

It's all renewables on their supply as well, afaict.
    Edit: well the gas not so much.

5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I did it and it was very easy. I'd just moved home so I didn't have any earlier bills for the same flat to compare prices, and I only have electricity now as opposed to electric & gas.

Generally I'd advise anyone to use a price comparison tool on a website such as uSwitch or Which to check whether your current supplier is ripping you off. British Gas especially are bastards, they demanded the final payment a week early then got stroppy when I cancelled the direct debit and told them I'd send them a cheque when it suited me to pay them, and they also invented some additional charges out of nowhere which were referred to a series of debt collection companies when I refused to pay them. I saved a fortune by switching from them to Ovo a few years back as well as finding it much easier to manage my account and pay my bills.

6. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

When I decided to switch Tonik were cheaper than bulb but also all green energy and no lock in deals. I have a feeling they are not as cheap as they were though.

7. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Really easy to switch.

Estimated to save me £200-300 a year.

Few teething issues with correct details but generally so good so far...

8. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Oh, avoid Good Energy, they're cunts. Stole nearly 400 from us, which it took a year to get back (we paid it, they lost it, and then took it by direct debit again), and when we reversed the DD charge, they tried to take us to court. Shame, we took them to the Ombudsman who awarded 200 in compensation and that we had paid. Dicks.

Pink Panther likes this.
  9. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Reckon I'm saving £400 a year, really good value. Only question mark is whether they can stay in business with prices that low - big players will be trying to force them out of business

10. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

EDC7B7B9-8938-44B3-8302-CEE3A678F75F.jpeg Had a similar feeling about the company myself... I’d be happy to switch if it helped the 12th Man but Bulb’s pricing policy is a little too scary. I mean they’ve taken on a record number of customers but rather like a lot of so-called “Unicorn” companies it’s at the expense of a hefty loss on the balance sheet - £23 million in the year to March 2018.

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

What is the potential loss to a customer? Unless they maintain a surplus on the account there is zero risk. And you get the money back anyway if you do maintain a surplus on your account in the event an energy company goes to the wall. Just takes a bit of time.

12. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

So actually the Rational Economic Person thing to do is go with the most indebted energy provider you can find and always be in arrears.
    Who needs Martin Lewis?!

Cyclodunc likes this.
  13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The Hamlet need Martin Lewis for next season, best left back we've had in my lifetime. Then Greeny can play as a winger.

Jamie Wyatt and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You don’t need to pay back the debt to the new company unless the new supplier agrees with the old supplier’s administrator to take on the customer’s debts.

Still might have to pay it back to the administrator or old company but it will take time to get it back.

Ofgem safety net: If your energy supplier goes out of business

15. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

So, are they going out of business then?

Lewis was recommending them on his ITV show not long back as being a fairly safe bet.

16. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

You have to contractually pay in advance with Bulb. :eek:

17. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I wouldnt trust Griff_Turnstile on whether someone is going out of business over Martin Lewis.

Are Uber going out of business? They have never made a profit.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

How does this work since they are working off estimates unless you read your meter for them?

19. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

You pay by direct debit a fixed amount a month, and they perpetually owe you money. The monthly amount can go up or down after a period to reflect your actual average usage.

20. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that the deeper potential loss to the customer is that they aren't paying much tax to help the UK economy. See Uber.

21. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You don’t much tax on a profit and you don’t pay any on a loss. How that is related to what happens when a company goes bust I don’t know!

Christian Burt likes this.
  22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You mean you perpetually owe them money?

Rather than the other way round.

This doesn’t happen if you under report the meter.

pompeydunc likes this.
  23. Griff_Turnstile

Logically yes... As the customers are protected by Ofgem in the event of an company going to the wall the only danger is getting shifted to a much higher tariff should that happen. Presumably then one can switch to a better tariff?

B.I.G likes this.
  24. Griff_Turnstile

I believe Bulb supply you with smart meters which are designed to minimise the amount you pay but probably make it very difficult to underreport if not impossible.

B.I.G likes this.
  25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I’m against smart meters! So I’m with you now.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  26. Griff_Turnstile

Bet there’s a ice tray in the fridge with shed load of frozen “50 pence pieces” in there.

Nivag likes this.
  27. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

This justifies us having our smart meters fitted a couple of years back! :thumbs:

B.I.G likes this.
  28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

That would be the only purpose. Impossible to name another :D

29. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

Probably! But I reckon Justin Gregory would run him close!