Bruce Robertson: scumbag English boss of Trago Mills declares Welsh-medium education as damaging

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by editor, Jun 29, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What a total fucking cunt

[​IMG]

And here's just how big a piece of shit he is:

2. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Saw this yesterday, the front and entitlement on him! :mad:
    That place is a monstrosity as well

Sadly you'll see many people saying that Welsh is forced on children and holds them back as well as being no value in comment sections etc

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yet the advantages for children learning two languages are very well documented.

ddraig, maomao and Celyn like this.
  4. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Same sort of idiots in Scotland and Ireland, and Cornwall, too, I suspect. One nation to rule them all with one language. Relic of empire. End London Rule.

Infidel Castro and editor like this.
  5. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam. Enforced Holiday Banned

It dud not affect mi in eni wê!

6. 8ball

8ball Considerably more oppressed than yow

Hmm, yeah. I never knew anyone who went to a Welsh-medium school or spoke it at home who was deficient in English.

Could always meet him half-way and drop the English from the signs, I guess.

7. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

8. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

A Welsh speaking colleague once told me that if there is not a Welsh word for something it is common to add 'io' at the end of the English word. I asked her what the Welsh for radio was and then had to explain I wasn't taking the pissio.

9. J Ed

J Ed Follow Back Pro Expropriation

Not got any connection to Wales or Welsh, but I've met a good number of impressive speakers of Spanish as a second language who are bilingual in Welsh and English. Often find that those who attack Welsh-medium education on the basis of it being 'less useful' than French or whatever, in another context aren't especially in favour of learning other languages either.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    ddraig likes this.
  10. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

My family hate Trago Mills, you get dark looks if you even mention it, we're from Newton Abbot, my Auntie lives nearby. They/he swerved loads of planning law at the time it was built.

We went there when I was last visiting, vowed to spend no money, just wanted a look. I'm all for cheap stuff but peddling the shite they were to people is just low.

editor likes this.
  11. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

My Welsh colleagues don't appear to bother even doing that and just use the English word. Although was suprised they just used the English "booking form", kind of assumed there would be a Welsh word for it.

Grump likes this.
  12. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

He wanted to put shoplifters in the stocks once. Think he even went as far as building some if memory serves. His rants on the weekly Trago advert in The Cornishman were always worth reading just to see how demented he was that week.

Infidel Castro, Libertad and MickiQ like this.
  13. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

The man is insane. We used to get an advertising pamphlet regularly stuck through our door advertising trago. It always had a small "editorial" section containing his rants. Imagine a cross between farage and someone having a psychotic breakdown let loose without a sub editor. It was hard to even get offended most of the time as it was barely coherent.

14. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

15. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Just thrown away all my Iron Maiden albums because of this.

Poi E, UnderAnOpenSky and S☼I like this.
  16. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

I'll never watch Withnail & I again.

17. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam. Enforced Holiday Banned

Chairman of your London Barbican Centre is a twat then:

Giles-640x426.png

18. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Yes! Is there a doubt?

19. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Rememinds me of the time BBC Granstand went live to Stradey Park where Llanelli were playing Australia. The scoreboard showed “Awstralia”. Steve Rider in the studio says “ no marks for spelling!”. Twat.

20. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

this one actually apologised

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Amen:

ddraig likes this.