1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bromley Area News and Gossip

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Maggot, Oct 20, 2013.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

bromley, Maggot and discobastard like this.
  2. Maggot

Maggot .

Discovered a great little cafe in Orpington today (St Mary Cray actually). It's called the Croft Tea Room and is a proper community place selling locally sourced food. It does fry-ups, lunches, sunday roasts, cream teas and more with plenty of veggie options and has a little shop attached too. The food and the service were both top notch.

http://crofttearoom.co.uk/

3. Maggot

Maggot .

4. moon

moon Happy Happy Jo Wonderland

I had no idea this was happening.... (i've been posting loads of Daily Mail articles recently... what is happening to me :p)

Bromley neighbors despair over 40ft high rubbish mountain | Daily Mail Online
    'Despairing neighbours have pleaded for action to be taken to end their four-year nightmare of having to live next to a stinking 40ft high, 20,000-ton mountain of rubbish which keeps bursting into flames.

The rat-infested mix of rotting industrial and domestic waste is said to spontaneously combust on a weekly basis ‘like a smoking volcano’ and has been branded a health hazard by fed up families.

In March, Bromley Council signed an agreement with the Environment Agency (EA) to clear the abandoned tip at the end of a cul-de-sac in St Paul’s Cray, Bromley, south-east London, but as yet no action has been taken'

It is now being cleared
    Homes dwarfed by stinking 18,000 tonne waste mountain

Did they even think that whenever it rained the run-of from the heap would be adding toxic waste to our water supply?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  5. Maggot

Maggot .

Shopping centre set to return as The Glades

ska invita and AuntiStella like this.
  6. moon

moon Happy Happy Jo Wonderland

No way!! I thought the rebrand had gone really well for them, although Bromley also became so busy that I actually stopped going there..lol

7. AuntiStella

AuntiStella no longer available

me and most people i know never stopped calling it the Glades - maybe that's why they've decided to go back.

oryx, ska invita and moon like this.
  8. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

hahaha... no one ever called it Intu!

oryx, Maggot and ska invita like this.
  9. ska invita

Burn Down Bromley :thumbs: ;)

bromley likes this.
  10. ska invita

11. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

:cool:

ska invita likes this.
  12. Maggot

Maggot .

gaijingirl and ska invita like this.
  13. ska invita

Developments in Beckenham Place Park.

The squirrel is getting repainted...one of these designs (poll to pick which now closed)
    [​IMG]

I'll miss the old one
    [​IMG]

But even better than that the mansion house has been taken over by Bussey Building crew. There have been 4 soul nights put on there but I've missed all of them. I also saw a planning permission type thing go up about allowing alcohol to be sold in park grounds, so i think something is afoot for the future for the mansion as a venue. Really hope so

You can now walk inside the mansion pretty much anytime...its open to the public till late. Lovely building

bromley, gaijingirl and Maggot like this.
  14. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)