Brockwell Park Miniature Railway - news and discussion

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by davesgcr, Aug 14, 2017.

1. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Brockwell Park Miniature Railway
    6 hrs ·

Hello everyone
    Unfortunately we have suffered an act of vandalism which occurred during the Sunfall Music event in which our track has been damaged. We are working on a temporary solution however we can no longer guarantee that the railway will open again this year.
    We need your help!!!!!

We are looking for a supplier to provide us with railway grade track ballast in 1 ton bags (must be bagged as the park has not allowed the previous railway owner to tip the delivery onsite during its construction)
    The ballast can either be gray or pink granite from full size, 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 size. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Let me post this on Buzz and hope it helps. What kind of twat vandalises a bloody miniature railway?

Miss-Shelf and JimW like this.
  3. andysays

andysays Defiantly non-premium member

I've had track ballast delivered in 1 ton bags before.

From memory, I arranged it through an aggregate company based in Tottenham (near me) but it actually came from a company in Acton. I'm just about to leave for work, but will try to find and post more details later if that's helpful.

(You will pay more buying this way than loose, but I expect you know or are anticipating this already)

4. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Maybe the council have put aside some of the money they are making from renting out the park to cover this sort of eventuality. Or perhaps they have a way of making the organizers of the festival foot the bill written in to their contract.

I'm sure they must have foreseen the disruption that holding so many events in the park would cause and have taken steps to make sure that the regular users of the park like the children who use the railway aren't unnecessarily impacted

5. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

How do you vandalise a tonne or more of ballast?

Smick and Spymaster like this.
  6. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

I have put some feelers out through both the "big" railway , and through some preserved lines. Hopefully any good links to be sent direct to the BPMR - good to see some responses , so thanks to all.

I confess to have never been to the Park , or the railway , but am at a loss to understand how a railway can be vandalised in such a way.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus