Brixton Wave 2017 - 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, May 18, 2017.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Sorry. What possible relevance has the status of their wi-fi to Brixton Wave?

2. ricbake

ricbake working out how

Well it would have to be ironic! :p

editor likes this.
  3. aka

aka Brixton Hill

Be sure to do screenshots and stuff.

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You're jumping all over the place here. Why should anyone take screenshots? And what about the wi-fi? :confused:

5. aka

aka Brixton Hill

Both are dead and yet strangely somehow alive. Schrödinger’s cat of a thread.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That really makes no sense at all. That Chicken place existed and has simply closed down, with the router left plugged in. Brixton Wave never existed, despite constantly claiming to be happening.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

8. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Tickets booked.

Pickman's model likes this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If by some miracle it does take place, I predict it to be a very, very different offering to Brixton Splash with a big nu-Brixton sheen.

10. salem

salem Well-Known Member

Fooled once and that's just life, fooled twice and you can say fair enough for giving them another go, third time you have to start wondering what Lambeth's ulterior motives are.

editor likes this.
  11. aka

aka Brixton Hill

There's no ulterior motive.
    LBL:"sure you can apply for licences and permission and stuff for a thing, fill in this here form"
    Wave:"Cool - support!, must blog that"

Gramsci likes this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Except Wave invoiced Lambeth nearly £9k for the first non-existing festival and claim to enjoy the council's "full support" for this third attempt.

13. TopCat

Come to the November thing we can ask questions and that.

Gramsci and Pickman's model like this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Forgive my lack of enthusiasm but after taking time out to post up information about their first two wastes of time, I'll leave it. The fact that they're holding it at the Dept Store makes me wonder if the grasping hands of Squire & Partners are going to be all over this (see: Brixton Design Trail).

Anyway, please report back!

Gramsci likes this.
  15. aka

aka Brixton Hill

Repetition. I say there is 'No Ulterior Motive'.
    Show me the support from LBL for this one. It doesn't exist. Wave are bullshitting. (again).

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's stated very clearly in their event page:

17. discobastard

discobastard _______\+/_______

And their material still contains some of the worst grammar and typographical errors I’ve seen in public.

‘With Lambeth granting us their complete support’. Sounds like they are desperate to prove a point.

Sounds like another amateur shitshow.

editor likes this.
  18. TopCat

I think it will be an opportunistic attempt to bounce local business owners into supporting Wave. Probably just to secure match funding and still provide no event.

Gramsci, editor and Pickman's model like this.
  19. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

They could do with someone to check over their spolling...:facepalm:

Gramsci, Tricky Skills and editor like this.
  20. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

Most crucially, will there be any free booze?

Gramsci likes this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I bet the Brixton Brewery will be all over this if the 'festival' goes ahead.

22. TopCat

There will be free nothing. Not for the people. Just free money for the parasites (thankfully incompetent beyond belief) who are pushing for this.

Still awaiting info on the accounts of Wave. I stress this as the sub ten grand they got from Lambeth Council might be small beer outweighed by match funding from elsewhere.

Gramsci and Tricky Skills like this.
  23. TopCat

Sponsorship if they can restrict shops selling other brands?

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh I wasn't assuming that they'd be giving away anything for free: I just think that there would be no end of nu-Brixton businesses lining up to get their branding slapped all over this if if gets presented in a suitably anodyne and 'iconic' manner.

25. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

I'd crash the 'launch' evening happily if there's free booze (and promptly fuck off when it runs out). It'd be like a council tax rebait, considering Ive technically paid towards their event funding.

Gramsci likes this.
  26. TopCat

I get you. Though this bunch of charlatans don't do actual work so their pitch to local business is based on their record and character.
    I can see them nicking Brixton brewery logos on the back of a two minute conversation though.

Gramsci and DietCokeGirl like this.
  27. ricbake

ricbake working out how

Brixton Wave Ltd (Co No 07071661) appeared to have £730,654 in the bank as current assets Nov 2017

salem and DietCokeGirl like this.
  28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How the fuck can that even be possible?!!

Tricky Skills likes this.
  29. ricbake

ricbake working out how

No indication of where or how it just appears...
    upload_2018-10-30_23-53-45.png

Tricky Skills, salem and editor like this.
  30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So Brixton Splash Ltd - with all their wads of cash - just morphed into Brixton Wave Ltd and took all the cash with them?