Brixton Wave 2017 - 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, May 18, 2017.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. aka

aka Brixton Hill

colacubes and editor like this.
  3. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

The only thing I care about is any money the organisers received being paid back

blameless77 and Gramsci like this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Good luck trying to find anything about that. You'd think with that big row of big sponsors at the bottom of the page, there'd be plenty of people asking questions, but it seems no one's bothered about being associated with what looks like two total flops in a row. Strange.

5. aka

aka Brixton Hill

doubt it was the big bucks if anything and any grant is probably lost in the LBL roundings, so FOI asks are pretty pointless. The 'sponsor' logos are just logos and don't indicate anything. Those in the brand dept at the various entities may like to know........

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well, they've been listed as sponsors for two years running now. Usually organisations are quite particular about what they associate themselves with (assuming they're even aware that they're on Wave's promotional material).

7. aka

aka Brixton Hill

'listed as sponsors' ....... they wish. a logo was stuck at the bottom of a page (said logo probably scraped from a website).

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well, again, brands and organisations are usually swift to clamp down on unauthorised usage. Maybe they did agree to something but it sure as hell ain't what they're getting :D

9. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

The sponsors are not real. I know this.

Gramsci, DietCokeGirl and editor like this.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Lambeth MUST know about this though, no?

TopCat likes this.
  11. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Complaints after the non event this weekend will prompt action.

DietCokeGirl and Gramsci like this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

14. Tricky Skills

Tricky Skills I demand tea - NOW!

15. Tricky Skills

For the record: Lambeth didn't provide any funding for the failed Wave in the past twelve months.

16. aka

aka Brixton Hill

Ah facts eh. Got to love them facts.

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What does that even mean?

18. aka

aka Brixton Hill

It means it’s a non-story and a waste of everyone’s time discussing. Wave was never going to happen, even the Council worked that out. Time to shut this thread down eh?

alcopop and Mr Retro like this.
  19. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

Do we know if they paid back the 8k-ish the council gave wave last year?
    *Edit* Sorry, checked and wave invoiced for 8k and the expenditure was 'approved', was it paid? And refunded?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Gramsci and editor like this.
  20. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Time for someone to reclaim Wave I think.

editor likes this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If it's of no interest to you, there's no reason for you to keep on posting. From speaking to people around town, there's still plenty of interest in what exactly went on with Wave.

blameless77 and Gramsci like this.
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's OK. aka has declared it a 'non story' so he must have all the facts to hand. So tell us about what happened to the money, aka .

23. Tricky Skills

So a major UK street festival that was shut down by the Council, who then switched support - and financial backing - to a rival street party that has gone AWOL for two years is a non-story?

editor, Gramsci and brixtonblade like this.
  24. aka

aka Brixton Hill

Yep. Lambeth Council shut Splash because it had turned in to an unmanageable shitshow. They had a brief dalliance with the Wave idiots but realised early that was bollocks, and here we are 2 years later.

It was a story 18 months ago. It isn’t now.

Splash will not return. Wave will not appear. £8k to flush out these choppers feels like a bargain.

I may be wrong.

alcopop likes this.
  25. Tricky Skills

You did see that the Wave website for 2018 had Lambeth as a partner?

Nothing to see here.

26. aka

aka Brixton Hill

Aspirational Logo Syndrome

Mostly trust and funds are bothered if you don’t put the logo up. They really don’t have a team doing the opposite.

The ‘who wants to be a millionaire’ lawyers are on it if you borrow their stuff and Ministry of Sound are brutal. Wow betide the hairdresser borrowing ‘head candy’ or however that needs to be spelled.

Ps. Fancy Funkin Chicken still has their WiFi up. Maybe someone should tell them.

discobastard likes this.
  27. Tricky Skills

Righto. We'll stick the Lambeth logo up on Buzz and see how long that lasts.

Gramsci and Pickman's model like this.
  28. discobastard

discobastard _______\+/_______

Different context

29. Tricky Skills

How so?

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Please explain why. How about if I put the logo on a Brixton Buzz club night to make it look like it was being backed and approved by the council?