Brixton Wave 2017 - 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, May 18, 2017.

1. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

hahaha, I've just been blocked by their twitter account for asking who they were and how they were constituted... I don't think they really understand the internet.

Gramsci and editor like this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It seems they've very chumsy with the Brixton Blog but they've never sent us anything at Brixton Buzz. Mind you, that hasn't stopped them stealing at least one image from the site, just like Splash before them.

Gramsci likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh, I think they've updated their strapline:

4. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

alex_ and Gramsci like this.
  5. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

I received 419 scam emails that are in better English, and with better proof reading standards, than the Value My Time web site

6. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Gramsci and Tricky Skills like this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They LOVE hashtags though

8. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

I am so very confused by that Value my time website and Facebook.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I can't work out the relationship between them and the Lambeth-backed Brixton Wave. Is Ros Griffiths involved?

10. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

I'm assuming Ros has them in as their social media person? The Wave website (although to be taken with a pinch of salt, as most of it is out of date), only lists Ros as managing Wave. Value my Time is run by someone who came through the Prince's Trust programme and appears to be running their own Brixton based events business. But just no events in expensive West London. Which I guess they mean West End.

editor likes this.
  11. DietCokeGirl

Mysteriously, my comment on their Facebook page about last year's fiasco has disappeared.....

12. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

That value my time facebook page is just dreadful.

editor likes this.
  13. DietCokeGirl

Wave already alienating one Brixton buisness by using their image on their social media without bothering to credit / link to them or when mention their name.

Gramsci likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That's the spirit! They've already nicked one of my images without credit too.

And here's how much they want the local community involved:

Gramsci likes this.