Brixton Wave 2017 - 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, May 18, 2017.

1. discobastard

discobastard Well-Known Member

What do you mean by the word 'wildly'? It suggests 'extremely' inaccurate. Which could be due to either incompetence or an attempt to deliberately mislead.

FYI - the use of the word 'deliberate' in HMRC usage is not quite the same as one would normally use the term, as it can still include incompetence. I know that because I've challenged them on it (not as a result of my own affairs I might add).

2. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

Oh great. You're joining in.

And to repeat for the third time: yes. The figure in their Companies House filing is massively, wildly, extremely, abso-fucking-lutely hugely inaccurate. That's why I have repeatedly used the word. No idea why you have to pop up and ask me what I meant when I've made it crystal clear.

Gramsci likes this.
  3. discobastard

HAND is a new one on me. What does that mean?

If there is suspicion of fraud, or any form of tax evasion, HMRC will drop on them like a hammer. But you're not disclosing what you know (or purport to know). So it's not a particularly helpful discussion to have.

4. editor

I don't "purport" to know anything - I am in direct contact with the company and - once again - I have not made a single reference to any accusation of fraudulent action, tax evasion or any other illegal action. I have repeatedly said this and made it crystal clear so I'm suspect that you're repeating this in an attempt to get me or this site into trouble. Do it again and you're banned.

Gramsci likes this.
  5. salem

salem Well-Known Member

If they are now aware of an inaccuracy in their filing, I'd expect them to already be on the case with getting ammend accounts submitted.

ska invita likes this.
  6. editor

They are, apparently, although I remain astonished how such a colossal error could have been made and remain unnoticed for so long.

7. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Decimal point?

8. editor

I just noticed that their site is fucked. I would tweet to tell them but they blocked me.

9. Louisgwinn24

Louisgwinn24 Active Member

just like fyre festival....

editor likes this.
  10. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

They never had permission to use the logo's of other organisations and claim endorsement. If they had actually carried out business then it is likely prosecutions would have followed.

editor likes this.
  11. salem

salem Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    editor likes this.
  12. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

The new registered office is interesting:

Ruskin House is situated in its own grounds on Coombe Road, Croydon, South London. It is and has been an important centre of Britain's progressive movements for a century, with many organisations such as Momentum and Amnstey International meeting at the house regularly. It is the headquarters of the Communist Party of Britain and Croydon's Labour, Trade Union and Co-operative movements and is itself a co-operative.

Regarding the mistake in the accounts - as they quite rightly say under the Companies Act 2006 they do not need to have an audit - and indeed they didn't, which is why the mistake wasn't spotted.

Not sure who was in charge of business regulations in the Blair/Brown era, but this light-touch regulation should surely be changed.

13. discobastard

I don’t. If you look at the state their website was in it’s fairly clear that the people running this enterprise are not particularly switched on to literacy (or indeed numeracy).

It’s quite common to make what one might class as ‘stupid’ mistakes.

It’s easy to judge others by your own standards when actually, there’s a whole load of other people in this world that operate in different ways.

I used to work at HMV. Pinnacle catalogue numbers started with ‘7243’ or similar. Once when ordering two copies of a Siouxsie and the Banshees back catalogue album I typed it all up and tabbed to the next field. Without looking I’d actually ordered over 7,000 copies.

They sent us 22 copies (cos that’s all they had). I got a massive bill king obviously. But I always wanted to know whether if they’d actually had 7,000 copies, they would have sent them to us. I suspect they would have

Anyway. People make stupid mistakes. Don’t worry about it.

Ps. There’s no guarantee that somebody ‘approved’ the accounts.

CH1 likes this.
  14. editor

Here's how the Brixton Wave website is looking.

2019-06-10_115906.jpg

Their FB page is still advising people of an incoming 'cultural explosion', mind. I guess with their failure to ever put on a festival, they can advertise themselves as 'new' forever.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/brixtonwave/

Gramsci likes this.