1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton Wave 11th - 13th August 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, May 18, 2017.

1. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I would add that Brixton BID were heavily involved in this debacle.A question is how much money Brixton BID put into this.

Also that one of the reasons given for replacing Splash was that Splash had , in some people's view, become to big. That Wave would be more event based around local community. That didn't work out.

2. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

Well it doesn't get any smaller than what's going to happen this weekend, so mission accomplished :thumbs:

editor and Gramsci like this.
  3. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

That was a mint year. It had a very local feel.

editor and sealion like this.
  4. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

I think it's worth pointing out that given the event was forced to cancel after '15 it was never going to be easy to get a big music day thing going again.

There would've been so many pressures from police and council even with funding.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's been plenty of smaller, more community focused music events in Windrush Square since though. No consumerist app needed!

6. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Pat.

ska invita likes this.
  7. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Yes I agree, I was just pointing out that it was always going to be a struggle to have something like the big Splash event again. Anyway it seems BCA are doing their thing anyway in Windrush Sq so perhaps that'll fill the gap.

8. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Well-Known Member

More of a flush.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  9. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

What's the BCA thing? I haven't heard anything about it.

10. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

11. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Any public fall out to rubberneck at?

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

No response from the FoI request yet but it should be coming....

ska invita likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

I bet posh Lee is sneering over the mere four figure sum.

ViolentPanda and Rushy like this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Just noticed that the Buzz articles on this non-event was getting traffic from a Reddit post:
    Anyone got any idea who the "well known local musician" who "has an interest" in it taking place could be? :confused:

16. ska invita

talking about you i guess - includes complaint that Buzz replaces 'local media', whatever thats mean to be. SLP?

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I don't think I really fit the bill as "well known local musician," especially as a lot of people don't even know I play anything. It's not like I was trying to get my band to play.

If they'd said 'DJ' maybe I might then have thought it was me, although 'well known' would be a stretch!

18. ska invita

the musician bit linked with moaning about negative media/ gales of indignation bit does suggest you, but i know what you mean. Blacker Dread would be the only other person that springs to my mind