1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton Wave 11th - 13th August 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, May 18, 2017.

1. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I would add that Brixton BID were heavily involved in this debacle.A question is how much money Brixton BID put into this.

Also that one of the reasons given for replacing Splash was that Splash had , in some people's view, become to big. That Wave would be more event based around local community. That didn't work out.

2. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

Well it doesn't get any smaller than what's going to happen this weekend, so mission accomplished :thumbs:

editor and Gramsci like this.
  3. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

That was a mint year. It had a very local feel.

editor and sealion like this.
  4. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

I think it's worth pointing out that given the event was forced to cancel after '15 it was never going to be easy to get a big music day thing going again.

There would've been so many pressures from police and council even with funding.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's been plenty of smaller, more community focused music events in Windrush Square since though. No consumerist app needed!

6. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Pat.

ska invita likes this.
  7. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Yes I agree, I was just pointing out that it was always going to be a struggle to have something like the big Splash event again. Anyway it seems BCA are doing their thing anyway in Windrush Sq so perhaps that'll fill the gap.

8. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Well-Known Member

More of a flush.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 10:10 PM
  9. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

What's the BCA thing? I haven't heard anything about it.

10. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros