Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Mrs Magpie, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Melinda

Melinda Kama roa, efshar livloa?

Looking for a builder in the Lewisham, Lee area.

Please pm me with any recommendations!

Thanks,

2. goldengraham

goldengraham Well-Known Member

Not exactly a tradesman query I know, but a friend of mine is interested in the services of a reputable life coach, who would be ideally based around Brixton/Herne Hill/Dulwich. Please PM me with any suggestions.

3. pads72

pads72 New Member

Assuming he does general external repairs could I have his number too?
    Ta
    Pads72

4. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

He's probably too expensive for you.

5. CraddingtonBear

CraddingtonBear New Member

Hello all

I'm looking for a reliable and affordable man & van combo, to assist with a flat move next week. I'd previously used a local chap named Colin, who I found to be great, but I'm not sure if he's still operating. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate it. Ideally someone who doesn't mind actually pitching in with the loading as well as the driving.

Thanks in advance...

Nick

6. salaryman

salaryman lost in transmigration

Hi

Can anyone recommend a quality roofing company? After years of putting it off, it's time to bite the bullet and fix the leaks!

7. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Lino, based in East Dulwich / Herne Hill on Zero 7 9 6 2 2 4 7 4 6 9 has always been really good when I've moved house (once with a broken leg). Just make sure he knows how much stuff you've got to take - he normally pops round to take a guestimate of time / hands.

8. not effraid

not effraid Active Member

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a carpenter/builder who can deal with floorboards? It should be a fairly small job.

Many thanks

9. Bob

Bob Rusesabagina for a nobel

Yup - my neighbour - has done work for me and a couple of other urbanites. PM me and I'll send you his number.

10. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Don't know if it counts as being a tradesman as such but if anyone needs some web type stuff doing you could try this local newly freelance guy:

http://www.brockwellwebdesign.com/

He can be contacted on 07872 014509.

:)

11. teecee

teecee true dat

Looking for a reasonable man with a van to get a 2 seater sofa from Putney to Penge if anyone has any recommendations - as most of the ones on this thread seem to be for fully fledged removal. ta

12. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

If you haven't found one, try Lino - his number's on here somewhere, or I can PM it to you.

I need a window cleaner in Herne Hill, who's willing to climb a ladder. Is there such a thing anymore?

13. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

C Sousa

25, Hayter Rd, London, SW2 5AR
    Tel: 020 7738 7257

He is very good... No problem doing first floor windows with a ladder...

14. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

thank you!

15. Pie 1

Pie 1 The fuck did I do?

Call out for a plumber/plumbing company who can handle a fairly big job (replacing loft tank & pipes) and are cheaper than Pimlico Plumbers! (probably not hard)

16. reubeness

reubeness Well-Known Member

An excellent plumber friend of mine, great guy, honest and tidy!!!
    He's based in Stockwell/Clapham. He's fitted from scratch a shower, outside tap and inside tap but does bigger jobs.

Colin White
    Mobile 07949 095 184
    Email: colin@cwplumbingservices.co.uk

17. Pie 1

Pie 1 The fuck did I do?

Cheers :)

18. old dog

old dog Member

hi men have herd abot this 2012 thing the end off the woird

19. Fenian

Fenian let us rise

Crikey!

20. brix

brix spinster of this parish

Waves to Firky :D

21. melmaloney

melmaloney New Member

:mad: HELP ! MY CENTRAL HEATING HAS BROKEN DOWN. :(

22. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

If it's a central heating engineer you want, try Terry at Technogas. 07885 801266.

Pickman's model likes this.
  23. avenginangel

avenginangel Well-Known Member

Yes, I'll pm you the number

24. Pip

Pip Well-Known Member

Hi, does anyone know a CHEAP (must be cheap) man with van to transport a sofa from Clapham to Camberwell? We'll carry the sofa up/down stairs to keep it cheap. Cheep cheep cheep.

25. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Just had the front room/dining room painted by a very good decorator local to Camberwell. PM me for contact details.

26. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

apparently i need a new thermostatic file for my oven. so i assume i need the services of a gas fitter. anyone know a reliable local gas fitter they've used before?

(or can a plumber do this job?)

cheers

27. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any plumbers who are reliable and will do smallish jobs? Our kitchen sink outlet appears to be blocked and we've tried various methods from sink unblocking fluid, bleach, hot water and taking the pipes apart to try and sort it. Took 5 cocking hours for the sink to drain after doing the washing up last night :rolleyes:

Ta :)

28. ricbake

ricbake working out how

It will be the solenoid - the electrical switch on the inlet of the washing machine - it would cost about £7.50 and you could replace it yourself if about half an hour

It isn't closing properly and letting water drip into the machine like a leaky tap.

29. ricbake

ricbake working out how

Can you checked outside where it empties that it isn't blocked there. Another way to tackle it is by removing the U bend and using a thick spring wire called a snake that you'll get from somewhere like Blissets at the Kennington end of Brixton Road. Feed the snake into the open end of the pipe rotating it as you do, fiddle the snake round the corners of the pipe and twist it into any blokage, if you can't push through it you have to try to pull it back. Stinky greasy unoleasant job that you need patience for. Or about £90 to pay someone else to do it!

30. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

My other half did all that. It was a bit better for a week but now it's worse. Think this needs a professional annoyingly!

e2a - my other half is out of the country at the mo and I'm completely unpractical about this stuff so figure I'd better get someone to look at it as it's getting on my tits quite frankly :mad::oops: