Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Mrs Magpie, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Callie

Callie Pivoting

I saw some Sons of Beeches recently :rolleyes:

danski likes this.
  2. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

My electric water (immersion?) heater is on the blink, can anyone recommend (I assume) an electrician.....or would it be a plumber, to sort it out?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  3. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

DietCokeGirl It depends on the problem. Can you be a bit more specific?
    Martin might be able to do both.... Give him a call on Monday. Nice Chap
    07960 896469

DietCokeGirl likes this.
  4. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

Cheers, will give him a try. It's a pulsacoil3 system and the water is coming out cold :(

5. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

Can you tell if power is getting to the unit and checked the fuseboard for tripped switch or blown fuse? If it needs a new element then that's a plumbing job anyway.

6. richwiltshire

richwiltshire Well-Known Member

Hi

I am looking for a good plumber who could replace the off peak heating element in my economy 7 heating cylinder. The main part of the job is clearing out the limescale from the cylinder and then inserting a high quality element.

The element has split open twice in the last 18 months. I've had two different local plumbers come in and replace it each time but because they haven't cleaned out the limescale properly the elements have failed soon after. The most recent element to fail was a £60 titanium element.

I am hoping third time lucky!

Thanks for any recommendations.

Rich