Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Mrs Magpie, Jun 22, 2005.

1. paulet

paulet New Member

Any suggestions for plasterers/ general builders in the SE5 area (Brixton/Oval end) gratefully received

We are in need of someone to do some plastering in the bathroom - not a major job, (I hope) just a repair to existing plaster where water from the bath has seeped through and then some retiling. We also want to investigate installing an extraction fan to hopefully prevent future mould

Many thanks

2. Pie 1

Pie 1 The fuck did I do?

Anyone know a of a reliable & trustworthy roofing firm - for a small flat roof re covering.
    Ta.

3. Jazmin

Jazmin Well-Known Member

Handyman

Does anyone know of someone that could lay a floor in my loft? I live in Brixton.

Thanks

4. owenking

owenking 11 Minutes Late

Electrician

Any recommendations for an electrician in the Brixton area? I'm looking to put in some bathroom lights and an extractor fan and apparently these things have to be done officially now (not that I fancy trying to put in the fan myself, I should add :eek: )

Thanks!

5. jonesyboyo

jonesyboyo Well-Known Member

I am desperate to find a reliable Brixton Electrician if anyone knows one as well. I am on Rattray Rd if that makes any difference

Thanks!
    Jonesy

6. Oula

Oula Well-Known Member

Hi

I am looking for a corgi person to fit a new combi boiler in a flat in herne hill.
    Also need a good local tiler. Any suggestions?

7. whitedove

whitedove Member

I need a window cleaner too

Anyone got the name of a reliable window cleaner...been here 2 years almost and windows are screamin out for a shammy leather

8. brix

brix spinster of this parish

Robert Tatu 07859 890 193

I live on Brixton Hill and he's been cleaning my windows for about 18 months now. Nice bloke and very reliable.

9. whitedove

whitedove Member

cheers brix....whats his rates like...Never had a window cleaner before

10. brix

brix spinster of this parish

I pay £15 for 8 large windows.

11. Gus

Gus New Member

Don't normally post on here but have been reading the local threads for years.....I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good quality painter decorator to do my windows and some work inside, i'm in the New Park road/Brixton Hill area?

Thanks.

12. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

When would you want to work done?

13. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

Recently moved to and old house in Tulse Hill

Looking for a corgi plumber to:
    • safely remove dangerously installed old gas fire
    • Run gas pipe across a room for later fitting of a new gas fire.
    • Check out (/ service / fix / flush / replace if necessary ) central heating system, which has an old wheezy boiler and doesn't appear to have any thermostats.
    • Not perform unnecessary work
    Any recommendations gratefully received
    thanks

14. whitedove

whitedove Member

Anyone know of a reliable and reasonable builder,Want to knock out a window and replace it with a door .so I can have a roof garden.

Had one quote.And was gobsmacked when he said it would cost £ 1.750..

Think it'll be cheaper to go buy meself a sledge hammer and do job myself .

15. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

It's worth being careful with plumbers and only using one a mate has personally recommended from experience. The Corgi rating means nothing really - any old jobsworth can get a corgi rating and there's plenty of corgi-registered pirates out there....

16. goldengraham

goldengraham Well-Known Member

I need someone in Herne Hill to fix my Ariston MicroCombi boiler - can anyone help?

Thanks...

17. playghirl

playghirl Well-Known Member

i NEED CORGI PLUMBER for boiler work , just up hill in Wwst Norwood. How did yours do?
    Any recommendations?

18. playghirl

playghirl Well-Known Member

Graham, how was your plumber? I need boiler work also.

19. reubeness

reubeness Well-Known Member

Does anyone know someone who could refix about 12 tiles - 5-6 in bathroom around new shower box and 4-5 in kitchen that fell off wall - all need cutting to fit.
    I live in Stockwell.

I also have the number of a fantastic plumber who fitted the shower above - great job and reasonable. PM me if interested or can help with the above.

thanks in advance

20. reubeness

DJ Wrongspeed, your PM box is full, tried sending the plumber details today

21. netbob

netbob Well-Known Member

22. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

well they're dangerous aren't they?

Meningitis? er, no. They carry something but I can't remember what :oops:

23. reubeness

Hi everyone
    I really need a few jobs done around the house - tiles, shower rail etc., does anyone have a handyman/woman they use in the Stockwell/Brixton area. I would really appreciate a recommendation.

24. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

Can anyone recommend a builder to do a loft conversion in Loughborough Junction.

I have done all the plans/planning permission so just need the builder.

Thanks

25. mark dodds

mark dodds J Mark Dodds

Snails and Nails

Don't quite get how giant snails are in this thread BUT as they are: http://www.flickr.com/photos/markdodds/542206839/

Can't help but admit that when I saw them I was slightly shocked. Not because of snails per se but because of the way they are kept and handled. Shouldn't be allowed.

26. Pie 1

Pie 1 The fuck did I do?

Can anyone recommend a straight talking roofer to replace/repair the roofing felt etc on a small flat roof?

27. quimcunx

quimcunx protestant traybake

I need a builder to knock down a plasterboard wall, rebuild it, tile it and tile my bathroom floor. Tiny bit of pluming involved.

28. Cowley

Cowley Well-Known Member

I've just moved to house in Streatham and I'm looking for the following can anybody help?

1. Plumber

Having problems with water pressure and temperature in the bathroom. Have been told by a Gas man that the problem is definitely to do with plumbing/pipes and not related to do Gas boiler. Can anybody recommend me a decent plumber?

2. Carpenter

Need to have some chunky shelves installed into alcove walls. Can anybody recommend me a decent carpenter?

3. Electrician

To fix some dodgy lighting in Kitchen. Having problems with spotlights. Can anybody recommend me a decent electrician?

Thanks in advance.

29. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

I'm also looking for a decent plumber around the Brixton area.
    Water's coming in, so if anyone reading this has a number please pm.
    Ta much

30. brucenbart

brucenbart Member

Electrician

Not sure if I'm supposed to post this, but there didn't seem to be any replies to requests for electricians so here goes.

My missus is a qualified spark - covering the Brixton, Streatham, Clapham, Tulse Hill etc area. Obviously I am biased, but she's very reliable and does a good job. Estimates for larger jobs are free. If you want to contact her - email donna@atb-electrical.co.uk or phone 07801 269394.

She's not working over Christmas and the New year (at my insistence, so she can take a rest!), but she'll be checking messages before starting back at work on 7 Jan.

Hope this is helpful