Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Summer - Autumn 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urbanspaceman

urbanspaceman Well-Known Member

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've decided to stick with the naming convention of Argos catalogues, so this thread now covers Summer-Autumn 2018.

paulc and Dan U like this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

6. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

"vertigo child solutions" is a slightly sinister company name to go for.

snowy_again likes this.
  7. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

:D

the thread can be virtually wheeled in on a pallet covered in shrink wrap.

editor likes this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I have to say that I'd be very reluctant to give money to someone claiming to be collecting on behalf of "Vertigo Child Solutions."

I hope they catch these scumbags.

9. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Singular scum person I suspect - and the street fundraisers will have been badged with CIFF or Brixton Soup Kitchen logos etc.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

11. northeast

northeast Well-Known Member

12. northeast

northeast Well-Known Member

13. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Cops in attendance at Sports direct/van mildert mini mall popes road

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

16. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

For anyone who knew Simon. I'm getting really pissed off with people I know dying.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

20. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Good to join the McStrikers this morning

21. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  23. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

When you get a good crowd and win them over it can be great in there....

editor and sealion like this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I always prefer to DJ with someone else at Market House as it takes some of the stress out and you've got someone to chat to if things go quiet, but this was pretty much busy from the start right till the end.

And this was despite the efforts of their lunatic 'sound' man who thought the start of a set was the right time to loudly experiment with the PA's crossover settings, leaving people covering their ears as the most awful shrieking sound persisted for some 15-20 mins and swiftly emptied the dance floor.

He did it when I was DJing downstairs there a few weeks ago and he really is the most clueless fucking twat I've ever encountered anywhere near PA equipment. I've made it a requirement that he's nowhere near the venue next time I'm there.

25. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

A sound man? what new chaos is this?

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

With any luck he's now been sacked. I later learnt that his actual job was just to plug in the decks for the DJs but he decided to fuck around with the PA settings because he thought he knew best or something. The dickhead tried to tell me what to play at one point (his own DJ experience = zero), and then he thought he could rock up and start adjusting the EQ of the songs I was playing. I've never come across such a disrespectful, clueless twat and nearly came to blows with him at the end of the night.

sealion likes this.
  27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Did anyone grab any pics from the McDonalds strike in Brixton? Love to run them on Buzz.

28. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

It sounds like the same tit that ruined a good night in the half moon a few years back. Spotty little oik twiddling knobs all night. I told him that i could use the mixer for gains and drops, he asked me if was i qualified in sound distribution :facepalm: i have shoes that were older than him :D

Tricky Skills and editor like this.
  29. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Beware hedgehogs

friendofdorothy likes this.
  30. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

There was once a guy in there (who is another DJ who I shall not name) who was doing the sound on the side and he killed us dead mid-set one night and I lost my rag with him, because he didn't need to fiddle with anything...it was sounding fine. We've never spoken since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.