Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Spring 2019

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. editor

editor hiraethified

Gramsci likes this.
  2. David Clapson

David Clapson Infamous Knob

Yes, I know. But 50k isn't the same as 150k. I don't think that's arguable. Very clever marketing. The Evoque is a runaway success because the 2 wheel drive 32k one looks so similar to the 150k Autobiography.

3. editor

editor hiraethified

Judging by the reaction on social media I'd say it's anything but clever marketing. I'm really not sure why you're mentioning '150k' as I've only ever been talking about this monstrous road hogging status symbol and its Brixton-based 'edgy' advertising campaign.

4. David Clapson

Back to the playground with you, and well done for killing your own board.

SpamMisery, Waladli and Khmer like this.
  5. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm sorry I've offended you, but I really don't understand why you're getting all worked up. This story has had loads of comments on social media, but your response has proved quite singular. Are you a fan of the car or something? Is that what's pissed you off?

:confused:

Pickman's model likes this.
  6. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Suggested by whom?

7. editor

editor hiraethified

The police, apparently. They came to Market House the next day but the bar explained that they were completely closed up over an hour before the reported incident. No one seems to know anything. It definitely wasn't the Dogstar either. There's no 'pubs' open in Brixton at 4am.

8. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

That is strange.

9. editor

editor hiraethified

It's not unheard of for pubs/clubs to find themselves unfairly associated with violence that takes place in their vicinity, regardless of whether they're open or closed. Maybe that's what happened here?

10. MissL

MissL Well-Known Member

anyone know what's going on in leander road - lots of police, road closed

11. Sedsmet

Sedsmet New Member

apparently someone was shot last night according to the police by the closure

12. MissL

MissL Well-Known Member

Urgh I did hear three loud bangs around 10pm - they didn't sound like fireworks. awful. I hope whoever's concerned is going to be OK

13. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

people get stabbed outside closed places all the time. well, not all the time but it's surely hardly unknown for someone to be stabbed outside a closed business

14. Pickman's model

15. editor

editor hiraethified

But the police said that the person was stabbed "after an altercation at a pub in Coldharbour Lane in Brixton." The point is that there was no pub open at 4am, unless they had an argument and then came back an hour and half later to have a fight. Or the fight was nowhere near a pub.

Pickman's model likes this.
  16. Pickman's model

ah - didn't go as far back the thread as i should :oops:

17. Pickman's model

or that there was a lock-in or other social event...

18. editor

editor hiraethified

The only places that could be described as 'pubs' on Coldharbour Lane were either completely closed at 4am or have reported no incidents.

19. ricbake

ricbake working out how

Hope it wasn't staff leaving the pub after cleaning up and being accosted by the knife man....

20. editor

editor hiraethified

No, it wasn't. I've spoken to Market House and the Dogstar and they're both mystified. Maybe someone got into a rumble in a pub hours before and then - rather belatedly - decided to carry on the dispute much later, away from the pub. That's the only explanation that makes sense.

ricbake likes this.
  21. madolesance

madolesance Well-Known Member

Dominoes club?

22. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

If that is the case, expect a license review.

23. billythefish

billythefish toad licker

Oh crap. I heard the same bangs and thought they were fire crackers. Hope whoever it was is okay :-(

24. MissL

MissL Well-Known Member

25. editor

editor hiraethified

Doubt it. It's not a pub and I saw no police activity.

26. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

Does anyone know if Khan's Restaurant on Brixton Water Lane is operating as normal these days?

I have been trying to phone them for the past two days but can't get through, and when I click their website, it redirects to an online phrarmacy.

Edit: Got through to them to make my booking. It's a great restaurant.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  27. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Yes, it was open this week and last week.

Smick likes this.
  28. discobastard

discobastard edited

One very helpful ‘rule’ for you. Means you don’t have to be accountable for anything.

Ignore being a very dull and boring tool to avoid any questions about what you may not agree with.

Also allows you to throw around insults like ‘deceitful shit’, which would, by your own rules, equate to personal insults (something which my posts haven’t included btw)

Full on censorship.

29. pseudonarcissus

pseudonarcissus fluttering and dancing

Even Monbiot has jumped on this bandwagon ;)

30. David Clapson

It's time to ban car advertising. Cars do more harm than fags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.