1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - September 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Sep 1, 2017.

1. innit

innit c'mon, little life giver

It's the absence of Mash that had me at a loss, yes. Will give Jeffrey's a go next time, thanks.

Winot likes this.
  2. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

All very well - but what do you do if you have 18 references to you floating around the ether?
    Maybe change your name and the land registry details on your flat or house (if it's still yours)????

3. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

4. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Victoria Line suspended. Person under train.

5. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

little_legs

6. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Me too.

innit likes this.
  7. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Pamir sign is gone

[​IMG]

Gramsci likes this.
  8. little_legs

little_legs Поехали!

Gramsci likes this.
  9. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

They normally remove the sign first though if they've any sense

snowy_again likes this.
  10. David Clapson

David Clapson Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by 18 references? Is this a credit file problem?

11. David Clapson

It's been there for ages, locked up at the usual height. The elevation to the top of the pole was a few days ago. It's a pity, it looks as if it was liked by its owner. Bit of a mystery.

12. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Beautiful rainbow over Brixton.

Ohh just noticed it's a double rainbow :D
    20170911_172335.jpg

Gramsci, editor and fishfinger like this.
  13. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

What I mean is that if you "join" Experian, Equifax and Clearscore they continually bombard you with emails about your email address and financial details being leaked and sold on the internet etc. And requesting you take out an account with them of £10 per month, or whatever.

In my opinion this is an industry which operates somewhat like the AntiVirus industry (only the main participants are 10 times as expensive as AV software).

What I'm saying is this: if you take one of the online tests and find you are vulnerable what can you do except take out a subscription to XYZ Credit Resolution? The clever bit is that there is a free trail month, after which you have to cancel (via a call centre who try to persuade you not to - but to pay them £10 per month indefinitely). This is a marketing ploy based on fear uncertainty and doubt.

Moreover in the case of Equifax, who did enable someone to fraudulently damage my credit position, they are paid by BT to provide credit reference services, then they seek to get paid by me - who they have screwed.

Add to this Equifax themselves have been hacked - and won't tell "customers" who have been affected.

14. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

Interesting stuff, why don't start a thread? this has moved beyond a local Brixton issue

CH1 likes this.
  15. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

There is a free one, called Noddle or something similar. I just get one monthly email of any activity on the account

16. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

These people Identity fraud and identity theft did suggest Noddle to me - but it still comes back to you yourself having to challenge the fraudulent information when a fraud occurs. The web sites - including Action Fraud will not instigate police action on your behalf, nor do they apparently expect you to go to the Police. Rather the local police refer you to Action Fraud.

It seems to me that if money goes missing - if things work out well it just gets replaced and the banks etc then pass a claim on to their insurers.

Maybe the police department who monitor Action Fraud (which is actually a division of Capita) might catch a few of the bigger fish by aggregating information. If so they hardly broadcast their successes!

17. David Clapson

CH1 and friendofdorothy like this.
  18. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Open letter to Lib Peck, Chuka Umunna, Kate Hoey and Helen Hayes

Letter to MPs and Council leader concerning Clavia - the single parent evicted by Council.

Letter says the Council should do more to assist people with the complex benefits system. That Clavia is the tip of the iceberg re housing benefit claims. Particularly for those topping up low wages with housing benefit claims.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Buzzed: Clavia eviction: campaigners post open letter to Lib Peck, Chuka Umunna, Kate Hoey and Helen Hayes

Petition here: Rehouse Clavia | Campaigns by You

Gramsci and friendofdorothy like this.
  20. uk benzo

uk benzo أنا ليس أمريكي

I miss Cafe Max.

Gramsci likes this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

22. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Me too.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gramsci and friendofdorothy like this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Missed the bloody steam engine :/

2017-09-15_032407.jpg

alex_ likes this.
  25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So the Design Festival lot get to use the space which the Food Court was kicked out of.

2017-09-15_205837.jpg

friendofdorothy likes this.
  27. madolesance

madolesance Well-Known Member

They have been getting to use many spaces that are not available to others. The tunnel between Atlantic Road and Station Road being another example. The units in there are being used as small spaces, very similar to the 'Small' shops on Atlantic Road that have all been evicted.

friendofdorothy and Gramsci like this.
  28. Mr Retro

Mr Retro TwentyFourThousand

What would be instructive is an explanation of why the "design festival lot" got to use the space the food court "was kicked out of". Under what circumstances and conditions the "design festival lot" can use the space and why the food court didn't meet these conditions and so were kicked out. What differentiates the two, if anything? And therefore is one being treated unfairly while the other gets preferential treatment.

But I don't think that kind of analysis is what anybody is about here

Angellic likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm so sorry I didn't file a full report for you, or offer an in-depth analysis. You see, I just quickly passed by and grabbed the shot and then wondered how they got to use the space. Thought others might be interested too so posted it here. Not every post has to be a full length feature in a chat thread.

But now you're here and clearly so interested, why don't you pop off and do some research to share here instead of expecting me to do it for you?