1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - September 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Sep 1, 2017.

1. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

Seems a lot of work for a pint.

friendofdorothy and editor like this.
  2. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. Angellic

Angellic Well-Known Member

I was at a birthday do in Blues Kitchen. Was there till closing time and then a large group of us went to Market House next door. I wasn't asked for ID and not sure the others were, they are regulars and knew the security staff. I could easily have been mistaken as the father for almost everyone else in our group. Maybe that explains why.

4. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

He said he was worried about it....

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Exactly. And that's assuming the bouncer/door person is minded to start telling you such details (if they even know themselves).

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Everyone should be worried about having their passport scanned in at a club and the details put into a privately run database. Doesn't it bother you?

Data breaches and hacks happen every day and I have little faith in such companieds holding my data securely forever.

Angellic likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's not about age at all - it's becoming like the USA where you can be 80 years old and still only get in a bar if you produce valid ID.

8. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

And this is why more and more it's a cans from the offie and spotify kind of night.

blameless77 likes this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's generally OK in the week and Sundays - places like the Albert and the Dogstar generally don't ask for ID, although Phonox and the Electric, for example, always demand photo ID.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

brixtonblade likes this.
  11. David Clapson

David Clapson Well-Known Member

You've really lost the plot now.

12. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

No, you are totally right - you/we are handing very sensitive pii to a bunch of muppets.

Scan of passport / driving license would be very useful for all sorts of bad stuff.

Does anyone know the name of the company providing the terminal ?

Here is an example of a data protection notice from this type of product
    http://koko.uk.com/files/idterms.pdf

Doesn't seem wildly unreasonable.

Alex

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    paolo and editor like this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There was something of a Biblical cloud over Brixton an hour or so ago!

21414592_10154690940251286_3927737157875695420_o.jpg

Eggby, organicpanda, alex_ and 2 others like this.
  14. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I managed to keep just ahead of it on my journey coming from Chelsea. It was ridiculously dark for 7 pm and looking menacing but I managed to avoid the rain. Started pouring down five minutes after I made it home. One advantage of travelling west to east.

editor likes this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Majestical Lips on Atlantic Road has just been closed down under a bailiff possession notice.

16. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

17. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

Must have been someone else then but are you implying I'd partially lost the plot before ?

18. David Clapson

No, I thought you were someone else for a minute. Not concentrating properly. Pls ignore!

19. David Clapson

alex_ likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I saw some camera-lovin' all-struttin'n'poutin' bloke parading around in front of the cameras on Atlantic Road earlier and he's now being filmed charging into the Dogstar with an entourage of PLEASE LOOK AT ME hangers-on in his wake. Apparently it's some bloke from whatever that terrible cod-reality Chelsea show is.

2017-09-09_013523.jpg

21. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Surely that is an advert? Experian and equifax and use this line to get you to sign up for a monthly fee.

Seems in my own case my details have been hacked and sold on because someone opened a BT account in my name giving both my address and theirs (linked addresses). So now even without me buying anything on credit myself I have the privilege of having my details auctioned off in a data breach.

Equifax hack: 44 million Britons' personal details feared stolen in major US data breach

22. David Clapson

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Very high parking outside the hoity toity Wine Parlour.

R0484170 - Copy.JPG

ViolentPanda and Gramsci like this.
  25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

26. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

It's someone trying to steal the bike by lifting it over the pole - that or the owner lost the key & was trying the same.

lefteri likes this.
  27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Or the bike is owned by an 8 foot tall guy with little legs.

28. wurlycurly

wurlycurly diss member

Maybe it's a Polish bike.

aussw9 likes this.
  29. innit

innit c'mon, little life giver

Where is best to get fish these days? I thought Ilias had a good reputation but haven't been impressed with what we've had from them.

30. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

We go to Jeffrey's since LS Mash closed. Next to Franco Manca. It's actually better than Mash.

innit likes this.