1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - September 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

went to a festival there last year - it's a really lovely place - we were struggling to find a taxi at the end and the owner of the site ended up paying for our cab back to brixton, top man!

editor likes this.
  3. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

shygirl and editor like this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gramsci likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This is the kind of stuff that gets sent to the Buzz account every day. It's all about bloody entrepreneurs, big backed independents, upmarket foodie joints playing 'street' and PR company-promoted acts of charity. Here's today's gem. A fucking floating hot tub.

6. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

What a load of shit.

7. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

I cannot think of many things I'd like to do less that sit unclothed in a 'hot tug' in Regents Canal

Gramsci, Nanker Phelge and editor like this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

[​IMG]

But you get to bray on the river with your chums! What a hoot! Just £220 for all your pals (plus the cost of champers) and a half grand deposit.

sealion likes this.
  9. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

It's a fucking boat, filled with water....
    [​IMG]

sealion likes this.
  10. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Next up....
    [​IMG]

fishfinger, sealion and editor like this.
  11. shakespearegirl

Filled with water and fuckwits....

sealion, wurlycurly and Angellic like this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Allow me to edit that: "It's a fucking boat, filled with twats...."

13. shakespearegirl

Imagine that lovely Regents Canal water slopping into your champers as a boat goes past

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Or, even better, the jolly champers-fuelled hot tub accidentally driving under a well-laden and particularly juicy oozing sewage outfall pipe.

shakespearegirl likes this.
  15. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

LOL. Not a tempting practice target for bored youths then... :D

sealion, Angellic and Nanker Phelge like this.
  16. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

[​IMG]

17. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

How does Tommo merit an award for something they describe on their own website as an idea they took from the netherlands?

Bit like: Soak LDN

18. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

i hope this doesnt mean they get stricter on the door with searches, and the bouncers get more moody/interfering once you are inside and having a good time.

19. David Clapson

David Clapson Well-Known Member

No one at the B£ cafe is mean to buggyists. Always a very friendly vibe. Unless you're in my seat, then you can do one.

editor likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That reminds me: I was working on a list of Brixton venues demanding full photo ID/scanning. It's fucking depressing. Off the top of my head, the Phonox, Dogstar, Prince of Wales, Electric, 414 are all insisting on full photo ID with scanning, and places like Jamm, Albert and almost every other venue asking for ID before entry (sometimes only on weekends).

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Brixton Pound cafe is ace.

22. David Clapson

How dare you, Tommo Stuart Thomson says it it is "aiming to be the world's most unique experience"! Thanks Tommo, I may as well cross the Sistine Chapel and the Grand Canyon off the bucket list. And thanks for the pleonasm, you bell-end.

23. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Just a guess but I reckon if it was up to the venue owners they wouldn't do it, but the police and/or local council authority perhaps 'encourage' all late venues to check photo ID nowadays... it seems to have become the norm everywhere.

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh for sure: I know it was forced on to the 414 and Dogstar as a condition. Plan B/Phonox took it on themselves to start scanning IDs though. I hate having to take out ID. If you haven't got a driving licence, you've got to go around with your expensive-to-replace passport. We're turning into the US, FFS.

25. David Clapson

The 414 were made to do it by the Police after that DJ was shot. To be fair it's probably the best way to deter the people who take weapons into clubs.

26. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Yeah, that's a good point. I have a driving licence with me at all times but it must be a pain if you don't have one. Passports are easy to lose, and as you say bloody expensive to replace. Plus, if you lose 'too many' of them (don't know what the threshold might be), you might even have trouble getting replacements in the future. A colleague at work lost two in relatively quick succession and apparently was told if he lost the latest replacement he might find it far more difficult to get another, for a while at least.

I know ID cards were fiercely opposed in this country when they were proposed, but they are so much more practical than a passport for identification purposes.

friendofdorothy likes this.
  27. David Clapson

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You're still stuck with that troubling, "what do they do with my personal data" conundrum with ID cards though.

friendofdorothy likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

30. David Clapson

Your link is 6 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.