1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - May 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by CH1, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastEnder

EastEnder Brixton Barnacle

I don't care how competitively priced they are, avocados belong in Waitrose, not Iceland!! :mad:

2. bimble

bimble uber-hippy twonk peanut

An avocado is a whole meal in one handy green envelope, keep you going for hours for less money than a portion of chips. Not buying this avocados are posh thing, you can get a whole bowlful of them for £1 in the market which is great if you're the kind of person who can eat a whole bowlful during that brief mysterious moment before they turn to brown sludge.

friendofdorothy likes this.
  3. EastEnder

I thought better of you....:(

Would you prefer to be known as "M'lady" or "Your highness" ? :p

4. bimble

Madam will be adequate.

friendofdorothy and EastEnder like this.
  5. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

6. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I don't buy veg in Iceland. It's cheaper in the market or in Nour Cash and Carry.

7. Mr Retro

Mr Retro TwentyFourThousand

On of the best tweets ever about a pear that can be as easily used for an avacado:

friendofdorothy, colacubes and bimble like this.
  8. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

The £1 basic Unilever marge has now gone to £1.15 (after 5 years or so) so anything is possible

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Sad to relate but the Thursday nights at the Prince of Wales are slowly being taken over by self-entitled, besuited, ignorant fucking dickheads.

Some bellend tonight kept jumping in front of the band to 'take' the applause to the chortlement of his office chums, and there was some coked up twat who'd been kicked out pushing the bouncers to the limit with his "don't you know who I am" bullshit.

There's still a fair few old/young regulars there so not all is lost, but the last couple of times I've been there I could really feel how the atmosphere is changing - and the bar staff and bouncers aren't enjoying it either. Such a fucking shame.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gramsci likes this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

spitfire and EastEnder like this.
  12. Gramsci

I was in Iceland this morning. Didn't see them. Ru sure they are in Brixton branch?

13. EastEnder

Most definitely, they're in the veg freezers, in the one next to the one with the peas in, I think. Trust me, such a shocking sight is not one you forget quickly...:eek:

Gramsci likes this.
  14. Gramsci

That explains it. Didn't think they would be in veg freezers.

I see the freezer for posh food that was beside the pizzas cabinets has gone to be replaced by extra pizzas.

EastEnder likes this.
  15. bimble

an avocado is a berry, it's not a veg.

David Clapson and Gramsci like this.
  16. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

Mushy peas / avocado mousse - it's an easy mistake to make I have heard

17. EastEnder

YAY! The tide is turning! Say no to posh* food! Say yes to pizza! :cool:

* Including avocados, obvs.

bimble and Gramsci like this.
  18. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Yes, it should be kept in the frozen berry cabinet along with cucumbers.

19. bimble

Correct. And the bananas should be on the herbs shelf where they belong.

20. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

You mean in the frozen herb cabinet.

21. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

And sweetcorn in the grass section.

22. Gramsci

Still I will buy avocados from the market. Haven't had them for a while. bimble saying they are a meal in themselves reminded me how much I like them.

23. Gramsci

The pizzas in Iceland are really cheap and good. They sell a lot from what I've seen at the tills.

EastEnder and editor like this.
  24. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Having worked behind the bar at the Prince of Wales for a few months earlier this year, i can tell you most of the bar staff dreaded the jazz night on a Thursday night. This was mainly due to people ordering spirit based drinks then rudely and quite aggressively making a big fuss if it wasnt made exactly to their personal preference, despite not stating that when asking for it. However, i always quite enjoyed it as you would see the same faces each week, the vibe was good, and the tips pot was always quite healthy. It was preferable to the kids on a Friday night, and the wankers on a Saturday night. I would notice at about 1am when the suited people would turn up, as they would have been on the piss somewhere else, and when everywhere would close they would come in because it was the last place open.

It is a great night for a Thursday though, full of characters and i was always impressed and amused at how fucked people would get despite presumably having work the next day!

Gramsci and editor like this.
  25. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

CH1 likes this.
  26. EastEnder

ash and bimble like this.
  27. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Mind you're not inadvertently buying zionist

Gramsci likes this.
  28. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I'm wondering if your argument is circular - in that certain Independent journalists may get inspiration from Urban75?

29. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.